Technical Call me stupid, but I don't know.

Currently reading:
Technical Call me stupid, but I don't know.

TheCROW

Hello all,

Just a quick question that some may consider stupid but the truth is that I don't know what's the difference between Nreg, Rreg and so on. What are these names and what's the difference between the cars? How can I find out what's mine?
PS: I live outside Europe :)
Thanxall.

The letters refer to when the car was first registered. I tall started in 1963. The registration plate has got up to 7 letters/numbers.

The registrations started with three letters, which referred to the place where registered, followed by up to 3 randomly selsected numbers and finished with a single letter rferring to the yaer of registration.

IIRC corectly the starting date of the registration year was changed in 1967 running form September to August.

The letters I, O, U and Z weren't used and the letter Q was used for exceptions of the rule.

Once the letter Y was reached it changed for the following year the registration started with the single letter for the year in front, then the numbers and the letters last.

IIRC in 1999 it was decided to give it two letters per year. running out of letters in 2001. From then it was changed to two letters followed by two number and three letters. The two letters denominate the area of registration, the numbers the year (05 = March to August 05, 55 = September 05 to February 06) and the three letters in the end are random again.

In 2010 the second half of the year will have the letters 60, 2011 61 etc.

Oldschool said:
The letters refer to when the car was first registered. I tall started in 1963. The registration plate has got up to 7 letters/numbers.

The registrations started with three letters, which referred to the place where registered, followed by up to 3 randomly selsected numbers and finished with a single letter rferring to the yaer of registration.

IIRC corectly the starting date of the registration year was changed in 1967 running form September to August.

The letters I, O, U and Z weren't used and the letter Q was used for exceptions of the rule.

Once the letter Y was reached it changed for the following year the registration started with the single letter for the year in front, then the numbers and the letters last.

IIRC in 1999 it was decided to give it two letters per year. running out of letters in 2001. From then it was changed to two letters followed by two number and three letters. The two letters denominate the area of registration, the numbers the year (05 = March to August 05, 55 = September 05 to February 06) and the three letters in the end are random again.

In 2010 the second half of the year will have the letters 60, 2011 61 etc.

Very nice and detailed reply man thankyou so much. So basically it's used for the registration plate.... In my country they don't use this info for plates, they just put a number that can go up to 8 digits...... Not so smart huh!!!
Thanxagain.

Back