General Caliper Question

Currently reading:
General Caliper Question

Would help which ones, front or rear. If you mean front no they are different. I think the HGT has bigger discs and callipers. Just fit Cinq ones to a Cinq. Its going to cost the same from a shop anyway.

Try here www.brakesint.co.uk

Joske

If you're thinking of a punto GT style upgrade you need the vented disc brakes from a 1.6 auto, 1.8 or 1.9TD/JTD bravo/brava/marea. These need 14" wheels.

The 1.2 and 1.4 and 1.6 use solid brakes. The 2.0 HGT uses larger brakes which need 15" minimum wheels.

You can get new discs/pads and check which vehicles use which brakes on www.shop4parts.co.uk

Hellcat said:
If you're thinking of a punto GT style upgrade you need the vented disc brakes from a 1.6 auto, 1.8 or 1.9TD/JTD bravo/brava/marea. These need 14" wheels.

The 1.2 and 1.4 and 1.6 use solid brakes. The 2.0 HGT uses larger brakes which need 15" minimum wheels.

You can get new discs/pads and check which vehicles use which brakes on www.shop4parts.co.uk

Excellent, thank you. Spose I should have explained that it was for a bigger brake conversion! Got some Bravo 1.8 calipers today, will be able to do stoppies :D Thanks again for help (y)

yep solid discs on 1.2 1.4 1.6, which is why they get hot so quickly and fade like hell, i'm not looking forward to the summer heat, dont think i'll be able to stop my 1.6 on a hot day. i thought about changing to the vented discs and calipers but from past experience i know brakes that use abs on a non abs car can make locking up way too easy. i'm thinking about drilled and grooved discs this time instead to see if they actually make any difference. i doubt they will but they look nice

oh yeah thats right! there are non-abs models with vented discs. i'm pleased you said that, i'm gonna get my brakes changed asap coz these solid discs are not up to the job

you didn't get brake fade!!! I must be doing summit wrong :(.. have a JTD with vented disks and was having a play with theis porche see.. anyways after a few round abouts.. i over took him entering a round about.. not cos i was quicker but cos i ran outta brakes!!

Was thinking of some better pads and disc... what would suggest... or should I stop picking on middle aged men with pen!s extensions :p

You could always fit the larger discs from the HGT..

I had a oooooooh moment the other day when I pulled into a right turn area on a dual carriageway in the Marea expecting to slow down as I would in the Tipo... Almost ran out of tarmac :eek:

If you just want to change disc/pads I'd personally reccomend blackdiamond discs and BD predator pads.

Back