Cav Engine Pic 2.JPG

By Popular Demand Here She Is

Introduction

People keep asking me about my other (non Fiat) car so...

I have had the car for 7 years she started off life as a 93 2.5 24v V6 Cavalier but after a cam belt failure (only 6K on the belt) she had to have a heart transplant and thanks to a totalled police omega I had a 3.2 lump to go with

This is generally the same engine as the 2.5 but took a bit of work to make fit. A lot of the parts were sourced from a mate who worked for the tuning arm of Hoden (GM down under) which made life a bit easier (but expensive in shipping)

The engine puts out 200+ BHP as standard but after some playing

1. Fully ballanced engine with lightened flywheel
2. High lift cams
3. Ported and polished big valve heads
4. Custom inlet manifold with 12 injectors
5. Custom map ECU & gearbox (she's an auto)
6. Custom stainless manifolds and exhaust with 2 sports cats! (for the MOT emmisions)
7. Custom Oil cooler
8. High compression pistons

She went off the scale on the rolling road we were using at the time so all I know is she has more than 250BHP

for people that don't know me I get more pleasure out of having a "Q" car than shouting about it so the external looks almost std Cavalier but if you look closely you can tell

16" wheels (with holden sourced trims)
BIG!! Vented /Drilled / Grooved disks all round with 4 pot calipers
215 /55 Bridgestones
Full Bilstein Suspension (with just a slightly lower ride hight)
Uprated antiroll bar
and an engine note that gets the old loins stiring especialy at over 6000rpm

My main achevment was managing to keep all the electronics working the TC was a bugger to do but vital in the wet I can tell you!! which is one of the reasons she only goes on road in the summer!!

To be honest it has too much power to be usable except in a straight line although overtaking is a hoot :D She was my everday car for a good while and has never missed a beat since the last bolt was nipped up or used a drop of Mobil 1. But she only runs on full proper super unleaded (not optimax) and on a good day manages mid 20's to the gallon on a bad day (a heavy right foot day) low teens if I am lucky

Once it gets to the end of April she will be back on the road:D :D :D

I hope this keeps the petrol heads amonst you happy for a while:D
gimme the keys i wanna go :devil: i had a 7.8 v8 pontiac years ago engine noise in yours would sound awesome!! good sleeper

Wow, it is a sleeper and a half, I think I would have too much fun in that meaning that the sourced engines pals would be coming after me!

Just think of the fun up slip roads and stuff looking at folks faces as it becomes a blur in the mirror!

Awesome spannering.

Liam

Not much keeps up with it up slip roads, providing its dry in the wet its just TC all the way (she is a lady you have to treat hear gently) i can't see peoples faces as they are usually a spec in the mirror

The standard 2.5 V6 could do 0-60 in just over 7 seconds and go on to close to 145mph with 165BHP

I have managed a 0 to 60 in 6.2 It is dificult to get the power down and the auto box doesn't help.

Best bit is theoretical top speed with the gearing of 173mph @ 8200 rpm:D :D
But of cousre I never do more than 70 (unless I sneeze.....I get real bad hay fever:devil: )

Well I woke my baby from her winter sleep this weekend and all was not welll(n)

apart from the usual post winter sticking of the brakes, The the fuel pumps had siezed and for some reason the ecu thought it was from a diesel or something......... anyway two days and a rolling road later she is alive and as good as ever

thanks to a new rolling road at last some real figures (well short of maxing out the old girl because I love her and have blead too much to break her now)

328BHP before my mechanical sympathy kicked in:D :D :D :D

I just love internal combustion especially with lots of cylinders don't you?

Anyway the Cinq is coming along well too much faster than I expected I am well impressed at how easily and cheaply (in comparison to the old girl) you can tune the things. I am sworn to sticking with the 1108 and Since the C&B cam and the supersprint manifold has gone in the wife :worship: thinks i've got another woman:D

Well a long time updating but I thought I would just give a final update.

After much deliberation i sold the car at the end of last year. I was hardly using it and as it had so many bespoke components I knew that if anything broke the chances of me getting the parts remade was second to none and I just couldn't be the one to call time on the car or watch it just sitting there not turning a wheel :cry:

Unfortunately and to be honest unsurprisingly I've just heard the car has been totalled, I don't know the full circumstances but I understand it's end involved a number of police cars and a police helicopter :(

Well a long time updating but I thought I would just give a final update.

After much deliberation i sold the car at the end of last year. I was hardly using it and as it had so many bespoke components I knew that if anything broke the chances of me getting the parts remade was second to none and I just couldn't be the one to call time on the car or watch it just sitting there not turning a wheel :cry:

Unfortunately and to be honest unsurprisingly I've just heard the car has been totalled, I don't know the full circumstances but I understand it's end involved a number of police cars and a police helicopter :(

i will keep an eye out on police,stop, crash or what ever it called now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shame really but after a chat with my brother who is a local police inspector it appearers as though the car had aquired a marker as being used in the supply of drugs. Not surprising really considering the standard looks of the car and huge performance potential.

That is what sleepers are for in a way. In the old days a single police car may have been enough to stop an old 30's banger in Kray twin times, but on the inside it's a race-car and a perfect camoflag.

Back