General Buying Advice - 500 vs GP

Currently reading:
General Buying Advice - 500 vs GP

What exactly does "made by/for Italians" mean?

I'm Italian, 6ft tall, blue eyed 54 in chest 32in waist and 17% bodyfat (because in my country gazzling beer is not a national pastime), and do take exceptions to uncalled for stereotyping.

If anything you should be glad that the 500 is more spacious than it appears, so that Europe's FATTEST CITIZENS can fit in it... and no, it isn't the Italians... :mad:

Also I have to add to my previous post that for all your joviality and banter -if you can't take a honest answer to your question in its sincerity, abeit with some misgivings about the intended meaning of some words, (you could have asked me what I ment by 'made by/for Italians') than leave us, less prone to finding insult where there was none, in peace.

Thankfully we are all friends again! Because I have already promised everyone here a beer as soon as I meet you at a rally or whatever...

Have you ever been at the Ace Cafe? (I know it's the lazy option for me as it's very close but it's a really cool place!!!) :slayer:

Great choice (y) the 500 is the way to go ! As i love Fiats ,ive had 12:eek:
I looked at the gp and the bravo but fell in love with the 500:worship: mines not ready until sept either :(
Hopefully time passes quickly and theres always this forum to chat to all the 500 owners:)

Quick update - not been able to test drive or look at cars this weekend, too busy :(

Can get 27% off a Grande Punto, so looks very tempting; although used values plummet (saw a 57plate 1.2 Stripe for sale ina Renault delaer for 6488, and trade sales in slough have dynamic Sports for just over £6k year old).Sign of the times. Can probably manage a few hundred quid off a 500 too, but would need to travel to get it.

Off on a weekend break this weekend so not sure the gf will be too happy trawling car dealers !

I'm probably going to keep it 2 years and 38-40k miles - whatever i buy its going to get hit, so the big discount off the GP partly offsets some of it, but then its a volume car with loads of rentals in basic specs dragging down the rest of the range.

My issue with the 500, is that by the time i'd sell new ones would be getting 10% discount, so thats £1k off, and the initial enthusiasm will have died down. I'd be lucky to see 40% of new cost back with the higher mileage i reckon, so £4.5k at 2 years old is £6k drop. Not huge in monetary terms but a pre reg GP Sporting that i can buy for 8589 new won;t drop to £2.5k in the same time.

Just gotta get myself some more test drives !!

Back