Buying a Fiat Coupe?

Currently reading:
Buying a Fiat Coupe?

Need to ask whether the cambelt and associated belt and tensioners have been changed. It's not due in terms of mileage, but it's well overdue in terms of age.
Also need to ask if it's had new wishbones - it'll need them by now.
This car seems a bit of a mixed bag - it seems to have loads of history, but why would you do that to the wheels? And where's the front number plate? And why doesn't the speedo work? And why did he pay £16k for it in 1999? That seems a bit high to me. And why can't he spell? :D
Also, he doesn't know what colour it is - he's put that it's portofino blue, but it's not - it's sprint blue. And no red key and no blue key - lost 2 keys out of 3? Hmmmm.....
H

hmallett said:
Need to ask whether the cambelt and associated belt and tensioners have been changed. It's not due in terms of mileage, but it's well overdue in terms of age.
Also need to ask if it's had new wishbones - it'll need them by now.
This car seems a bit of a mixed bag - it seems to have loads of history, but why would you do that to the wheels? And where's the front number plate? And why doesn't the speedo work? And why did he pay £16k for it in 1999? That seems a bit high to me. And why can't he spell? :D
Also, he doesn't know what colour it is - he's put that it's portofino blue, but it's not - it's sprint blue. And no red key and no blue key - lost 2 keys out of 3? Hmmmm.....
H

good point. I'll ask him out of interest but the way i'm thinking now it just to walk away? How much will wishbones cost?

I've mailed him your questions anyway. I'll post the response...

Last edited:
Back