General buying a fiat brava 1.2 16v 80 sx

Currently reading:
General buying a fiat brava 1.2 16v 80 sx

hey jug going up two me moms on friday first time one the motorway and she lives in hartley pool area 3 hours and 38 mins lol thank god got a sat nav

make sure when you enter it in the satnav that you spell it correctly, its hartlepool ;)

and also make sure you do not leave the satnav in the car when you get there, not even for a minute. and lock your doors if you go for petrol. seriously. :)

dont worry, the bravo loves it on the motorway, its big enough and solid enough.

make sure when you enter it in the satnav that you spell it correctly, its hartlepool ;)

and also make sure you do not leave the satnav in the car when you get there, not even for a minute. and lock your doors if you go for petrol. seriously. :)

dont worry, the bravo loves it on the motorway, its big enough and solid enough.

Oi! It's not THAT bad.. :p

well i will only stop three times quarter way up second time allmost there and allso when i get there. but before i get out of me locked car any way and place it away and out of site but i no up there are robing gits lol :D. lived up there in preston hehe so i should no what there like but the nav will be on me all the time.
i done 60 mile on ten litres of unleaded cost 10.00 quid lol how much will it cost to get up there:D
if any knows ;)
can a brava out run a gti golf 2000 model me brow got one wanna no lol

Last edited:
i done 60 mile on ten litres of unleaded cost 10.00 quid lol how much will it cost to get up there:D
if any knows ;)

can a brava out run a gti golf 2000 model me brow got one wanna no lol

petrol cost wil vary a lot depending on how you drive and traffic etc. plus i dont know how many miles you'll be doing, but expect to get over 40mpg (roughly 9 miles to £1)

can which brava outrun which golf gti?

there is a 1.8GTi, 1.8turboGTi, 2.0GTi, 1.9GTi TDi & 1.9GT TDi in a variety of outputs.

since the only comparable brava is the 1.8 i assume you mean that.

a 1.8GTi does 0-60 in 9.6secs and has a top speed of 125mph
a 1.8brava does 0-60 in 10secs and has a top speed of 118mph

not much between them.

he isn't getting it the car until next week tho. but got some Major problems in back brakes :confused:
its passed it mot and before ill take it back for the mot inspection in Feb I'm getting it serviced at the end of January.
but these brake drums will be changed next week the car is sound when braking even did a skid on emergency stop at 40 mph.
all how much will these cost and also how come i have got brake disc's at front and not at the back!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    802.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
most cars dont have discs on the back, the rear only applies 10% of the braking force so highly effective rear brakes are not important, their only job is to give you stability when braking, they dont stop the car.

rusty drums are normal, run them down with a wire brush and paint them, you dont need to get new ones.

rusty discs just need a good long run to burn the rust off, mine go rusty every time they get wet, 5 mins after driving they are shiny again, thats normal.

Last edited:
hey thanks jug your the man its just me been over protective of me self and me family bug trip this weekend:D

Back