General Buying a bravo

Currently reading:
General Buying a bravo

JoeF UK

I am in the market for a Bravo 1.4 t Jet. Having never owned a fiat or test driven a bravo is their anything in particular I should be looking out for?
I am likely going to end up buying a higher mileage vehicle (aprox 110k) in general how any miles are these t jet engines good for?

I have previously owned older Skodas which have been very easy to work on. Is the bravo diyable?

Hi

Its a relatively big car for a 1.4

Smallest engine in the range..?

Not bad cars..and cheap..
but Im left wondering why a 13 year old FIAT that was never a big seller..?

Charlie..owner of 4 GrandePunto's

I thought the 1.4 150bhp was the most powerful petrol in the range?

As for why I want to buy one they seem good value compared to other cars in its class, I like the styling, the insurance is fairly cheap compared to other cars with similar performance and I wanted a slightly larger car than the Punto/fabia.

Last edited:
I thought the 1.4 150bhp was the most powerful petrol in the range? <br />
<br />
As for why I want to buy one they seem good value compared to other cars in its class, I like the styling, the insurance is fairly cheap compared to other cars with similar performance and I wanted a slightly larger car than the Punto/fabia.
<br />
<br />
The 1.4 T-Jet is plenty powerful enough, and has a power to weight ratio of something like 120 BHP/tonne. It is more than adequate, and can be hilarious fun to drive. I've had mine years, and haven't yet got bored of the engine. <br />
<br />
It's also better looking than just about anything else in its class, at that age. And reasonably well equipped. However the gearbox is made of cheese; at 110K Miles, if it's not been rebuilt, it'll likely need to be done soon (Search forum for M32) and the HVAC system is a known weakness (again, search the forum). <br />
<br />
Other points of note - I find I get cramp if the seat isn't positioned exactly correctly, and it drinks like a 2.2L petrol (if you drive it how it was designed to be driven). Also, VED is £250 a year, near as makes no difference.

Diyable; probably, engine bay isn't that cramped; I tend to pay someone with the tools and experience though, so can't really comment on this.

Last edited:
I have found a 1.4 t-jet sport for sale and the seller claims to have had the gearbox done. Only issue is that it has around 130k miles on it. Bodywork and interior look clean just concerned that the engine will be on its last legs?

Needs a new cambelt list price is 1.5k seller wasn't moving on price over the phone.

If it's a genuine car that the seller has looked after and spent money on then it should be OK... he may be expecting the price to pay for the gearbox work etc.
As long as it has had proper oil changes regularly.

Turbos can fail with mileage on any car, with the Sport you should get good equiment. Check for a list of bills and repairs from the owner.

Back