Bumped...

Currently reading:
Bumped...

spoke to my insurers this morning (ecar insurance) who said cos im 3rd party i ought to contact his insurers, which i did. they then in turn told me they ONLY dealt with their own customers claims and i'd have to speak with my own insurers

this is what stuck out to me the most. this will be the fourth time inside two weeks where I've heard this from people with insurance co's leading them on and feeding yo incorrect information.

I would run a complaint against your insurance co for giving you incorrect legal advice and tell them to stuff their policy, you will be leaving and paying no further fee's. go somewhere else as they obviously don't know anything :bang:

as for the accident, was their fault, you don't move a vehicle ANYWHERE unless you have checked and are confident the way is clear. If they want to go daft take it further.
With apple here - TBH would ask for £50-100 for a bumper and a polish job. bumper will cost you £20 and you'll have a choice to match teh colour exactly.(y)

if they won't pay it fine, agree to disagree, and forget it, chasing insurance companies WILL CAUSE SO MUCH STRESS you'll wonder what you let yourself in for :bang:

granted its 5 months on since the 'bump' but i got a call yesterday from my insurer saying they've recieved 1st notification of a claim from the other party... surely this cant hold up?
either way i've still got polic log no. and the hospital should still have details of me going so does this dickwad have a leg to stand on or am i in for a bit more stress?

granted its 5 months on since the 'bump' but i got a call yesterday from my insurer saying they've recieved 1st notification of a claim from the other party... surely this cant hold up?
either way i've still got polic log no. and the hospital should still have details of me going so does this dickwad have a leg to stand on or am i in for a bit more stress?

Seriously. I can't see how it can stand up :(

Happened to an acquaintance of mine she slid into the back of someone at 5mph didn't even disturb the paint of either car then 6 months on the were claiming for a crap load of damage. We figured they'd reversed into a pole and thought of a way to get their repairs done on the free. Don't know what happened in the end i'm afraid.

Happened to an acquaintance of mine she slid into the back of someone at 5mph didn't even disturb the paint of either car then 6 months on the were claiming for a crap load of damage. We figured they'd reversed into a pole and thought of a way to get their repairs done on the free. Don't know what happened in the end i'm afraid.

my dad did something similar many years ago clipped a parked car with his works van left a black streak (off his bumper)

he did the right thing and knocked on a few doors and found the owner (not before taking a full 110 camera film of pics) anyhow left the details of the company and about 4 months later they tried it on claiming for what looked like half a car (new rear wing, boot light, rear door, sill)

pics got sent to insurance and the other person iirc got done for attempted fraud

So he's saying he's been driving around for 5 months with his lights like this?

Do you have any further details of what he is claiming?

SP_A01221.jpg

SP_A01211.jpg

didnt get much off the guy on the phone, apart from he's claiming i drove into the back of him... which if i'd have done there'd probably have been more damage to my car aswell.
Glad i kept all the pics an stuff tbh, otherwise he'd probably be open to claim any amount of damage i suppose...

Thanks for the advice and stuff guys, just waiting for the forms and i'll keep updates on whats happening...

(Kinda wish I'd carried on with the claim myself now tho)

Back