Styling bulbs

Currently reading:
Styling bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sorry

the DLR's have one H1 bulb (Mian beam??) and 1 21w/5w bulb

Hope that helps!

On HID's I'm, not getting into the 'should you/shouldn't you debate' but as far as I know HID's are illegal unless the lamps are designed for HID's, have headlamp washers, and have headlight level sensors to adjust the beam as the car hits bumps etc

On another forum I am a member on, this same subject came up - a few members in the end wrote into various organisations to get clarification on this situation, as the legislation that I have seen only refers to manufacturers fitment - original equipment. All the answers we received said that we were ok to use retro fit kits. Since then quite a lot of members have fitted these, with numerous MOTs. No one that I know has been pulled by the police for them, or been told by an MOT tester they are not allowed them. Provided they are fitted correctly and are properly aligned, I dont personally think you will have issues with them. This is of course only my own personal opinion. Other people on this site have raised very good points as well - at the end of the day it is your car and therefore your choice as it is you that is responsible.

Why is everyone bitching about HID??

Do we all have to own ridiculously over priced top end vehicles to justify being safer during night time driving?

Driving at night is dangerous because there is no sunlight, thus you need all the help you can get.

If you keep your beams aimed low in built up areas, which I do with my normal bulbs (Not that headlamps have any effect during street lamp lit areas) then what the hell is the problem?

Is Sunlight against the law because it glares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back