Building media library taking "excessive time" ?

Currently reading:
Building media library taking "excessive time" ?

Scherzo

Hiya all,

So I've got a 16Gb USB stick. Dragged a small selection over from my collection, around 700 mp3 files, taking 3Gb and a bit. When I connect it to the USB port of the Blue&Me in our Nuova 500, I can navigate to the MediaPlayer, but all the options I choose like "Albums" or "Folders" result in Emily telling me to "Please wait, building media library". Even after 40 minutes driving, still no luck.

The weird thing is, it plays MP3s from the stick, but only from one folder, if I keep on pressing the up or down button it eventually just goes back to the front or back of the same folder, never changing directories.

Anything I should do? The manual helpfully says I should reduce the number of files. Or should I just have more patience? I have a few files with non ascii characters in the ID tags, could they throw the Blue&Me off?

Scherzo

You just have to be patient unfortunately. I've looked for ways to speed it up but nothing is out there. Sometimes mine can take up to 35 mins

You just have to be patient unfortunately. I've looked for ways to speed it up but nothing is out there. Sometimes mine can take up to 35 mins

Ok thanks. It went on a trip for 90 minutes today, will check it out when the car is back tomorrow.

Ok thanks. It went on a trip for 90 minutes today, will check it out when the car is back tomorrow.

my media library does exactly the same.. i think its rubbish.. worse system iv ever used.. even when its built the media library every time i turn the car off it forgets the last thing that was been played and restarts to the first directory and i have the problem your then having...

everytime iv taken it in to get looked at i get the same "no fault found" so i get it back in exactly the same way.. when i go to try show them wot i mean it works!! its the most tempromental system iv used..

im hopin an update comes out for it very soon preferably before i decide to buy a new headunit!

Back