Technical Broken locking wheel nut key..

Currently reading:
Technical Broken locking wheel nut key..

PROV

I was changing the wheels for steelies with winter tyres on this morning, I had changed one and when attempting to loosen the second wheel's locking nut the male part of the locking key just crumbled. :mad:

I phoned my dealer who were good, and LUCKILY I had the code for the lock. I had a panicky 10 mins as I couldnt find it anywhere, but it was under the plastic moulded bit of the locking wheel nut box. I urge everyone to make sure they know their number, as without it it is a pig of a job to remove the nuts as you cant buy a replacement. (I have now saved it as a contact in my mob phone to make sure!)Guy at the dealer said they get loads of this happening.

Anyway, upshot is part ordered and should be here on Monday, which is good as I cant really use the car with 1 winter and 3 normal tyres on it

Last edited:
I shall have to make sure I have my code.

Don't McGard (or similar) make locking wheel bolts suitable for the Fiat? I know McGard made locking wheel nuts for OE Ford wheels when I had my Focus.

I mention McGard as they are readily available from Halfords branches, and of course other places.

Back