Technical Bravo TD75 engine mods

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo TD75 engine mods

kajl

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what engine mods could be done to a 1999 1.9TD engine without spending lots of money?

Personally i'm not into speed, but would like to know what could be done to improve it a little bit :) maybe some extra boost, performance exhaust etc?

Thanks !

Chipping/remapping diesels is now big business - use google - 'diesel tuning' and find a centre near you.

Example - A friends Passat 130bhp tdi was chipped to 178bhp, and god knows how much more torque. Another friend has a BMW with a controller that can select between economy and power - both settings i believe offer more grunt despite one improving his mpg.

Dont worry about filters, boost increases (the latter may alter slightly via the re-programming anyhow) or larger exhausts.

Tom

I dont think there is anything for the old TD75 engines. The ECU isn't remappable, so the only other option is a tuning box. However the turbo is small on the TD75 so don't expect huge gains. Maybe 15BHP.

Is that all? :S

Still you'd notice 15bhp alright - thats 20% more remember...

Tom

Which bit?

Dont buy a bigger exhaust and or a performance air filter - you'd be wasting your money IMO

Dont think about fitting a bleed valve or boost controller - you'd do more harm than good. A boost increase may be implimented, and controlled electronically via your ecu/plug in controller after getting it fitted/mapped.

Tom

Back