Technical Bravo HGT Turbo Project Aem Ems Gen2 Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo HGT Turbo Project Aem Ems Gen2 Problem

Hi Everybody,

I have Bravo HGT Mk1. I can't communicate between cam sensor and aem ems gen2. I bought brand new sensor. but problem still continue. How can i communicate between cam sensor and ems gen2? How can i fix it?

Check the wiring and signal output?
Ground and 5v (I think) are two wires, third one is the signal.
The sensor is simple hall-effect sensor so you could use oscilloscope to check the signal while cranking (there is a cutout in the exhaust camwheel where the signal changes).

Other way would be to power the sensor and then rotate the engine by hand from the crank bolt and use multimeter to see the signal voltage change when it comes to the cutout (not sure about this method but it should work).

So the sensor just sends a change pulse when the cam is aligned with the sensor, and that is in some phaseangle (should be in workshop manual) to the crank position.

I have no ideas about the aftermarket ecu inputs so I cant help with that, but if it has some kind of voltage pulse/comparator input, it should do it (cant remember if the pulse is from 5V to 0V or just a 5V pulse, my guess is on the 0V pulse).

Back