Brava Headlight Upgrade

Currently reading:
Brava Headlight Upgrade

wacky.banana

Hi, I'm new on here so my apologies if this has been done before.

I have a '96 Brava as my everyday road car and the headlights, especially the dipped bulbs, are appalling. Having nearly crashed on a country road the other night because I couldn't see where I was going I realise that I need to do something about this problem pretty damn quickly.

Any suggestions on how to upgrade these light bulbs at reasonable cost? I have thought about putting higher wattage bulbs in (again suggestions please) but any thoughts would be appreciated. Halfords have a super-bright bulb at the same wattage as the oem items but I am not convinced that they will make any difference.

Thanks

WB (n)

Guys,

Thanks for the responses. Dave, where did you purchase your Ring Xenon bulbs from?

Cheers

WB

Having found things a bit dificault tonight to see where I was going, having to agree with the need to improve things, even gave them a good wipe which helped a little, but not enough.

anyhow, whats different about the lights in the Marea ?

Last edited:
bloomfieldliam said:
Wacky,

Are you lights aimed properly? Has someone been fiddling with the electric adjusters?

Liam

Liam, been there, done all that. The lights are awful, period. I'm not clear on whether the suggestion to use the Marea items is to do a full headlamp unit swap or just the bulbs?

If the former then I don't fancy that, if the latter then that sounds positive.

Dave, will give your contacts a bell tomorrow re the Xenon bulbs and see where we go from there. Any more ideas?

Cheers

WB

Its a full swap. the reason they are better is that the marea ones are polyeliptical bulbs with clear lenses. Whereas the standard bravo/a ones are standard bulbs with cut lenses.

Polecat (obviously) has the marea ones

2721maskc3_Small_.jpg

Back