General Brand new 2021 Panda questions and advice please ..

Currently reading:
General Brand new 2021 Panda questions and advice please ..

Arthurdaily

Dear all, hello! I have a Dacia Duster, but want to part ex it for a brand new Panda! I want a completely base spec Panda, the new 1 litre Mild hybrid.

Now, questions, firstly, can this really keep up with traffic? I test drove one, but it was a twin air version.

Secondly, it says it has manual air conditioning... Can I can confirm this is proper air conditioning... And not just standard ventilation!

And most importantly, the base stereo says it has DAB and USB, can somebody confirm this is the case? Can you also tell me if this stereo is also Bluetooth? I also want to know if the USB accepts sticks with various folder structures? Better still, can anybody link me to the current owners manual? The Fiat site link doesn't seem to lead anywhere

Any other advice about the most basic new 2021 Panda would be appreciated.

Thank you, Janey x

The stereo I've seen pictures seems to be the one with a usb slot in the stereo itself.

Hi :)

A twinair..?

How old was that..?

Twinair is lighter and 85bhp
Hybrid is probably heavier and with less power.. a few on here have found the hybrid 'sedate'

You need to drive one for real..

Can you hire one..? that could be be '@£100saved'

You would lose thousands if you find it doesnt work for you :(

I was tempted by the fact they have Cruise as standard.. but they are probably woeful compared to my twinairs

Aircon..it is aircon :)
But NOT climate ;)

Charlie

The only certain indication of having DAB is a big footed short antenne on the roof.
The 1.0ltr Hybrid is fine for the city, but beside that, i think you should choose something else with a turbo engine.
The TwinAir 85 turbo has 145 Nm and is great to drive, but only available in the 4x4 models.

Yes the 1.0 hybrid reminds me very much of the 1.2 euro4 engine so has much better lowdown power than the 1.2 euro5. It works great in local driving and will do 70 easily enough in fact we kept hitting the overspeed buzzer.

Uconnect radio has blue tooth and a USB socket on the dashboard top. The aircon system cools or heats the air and even dries the air when you want it to, you just need to push the fan switch in to start the cooling compressor.

Tim

The hydrid Car doesn't feel any heavier to me compared to our 1.2 69hp 2014 easy. The hybrid Battery is quite compact and fits under the passenger seat.

I find on the motorway its more comfortable than the 1.2 define car fuel to reduced engine noise.

I think its án engine that will grow on me as I've enjoyed many years with fire engines since 1995 but everytime I drive the hybrid I get on better with it(if you give it some stick it begins to sound a bit like a V6).

TIM

Personally i hope the rumor of the 100 hp 3T Firefly engine for 2022 is true.
The 100 hp 3T Firefly engine has 190 Nm of torque, and that will make a world of difference, even compare to the TA turbo.
The 100 hp 3T engine has exactly the same hardware compare to the 120 hp version, just different software, and that is good for 140 hp after a remap.

...it says it has manual air conditioning... Can I can confirm this is proper air conditioning... And not just standard ventilation! x

Yes. All they are saying is is is not 'climate control' - which in itself is a misnomer as all that means is 'air con with a thermostat'. Most cars have 'manual' air con - ie you have to turn the controls yourself! But yes, it can (and does) cool the air if you want it to.

The 0.9 turbo petrol engine is out of production, and the last produced engines are now used in de Panda. (reserved for 4×4 and methane versions)
So there for the rumor has it that by the end of the year it will be replaced by the 100 hp 3T Firefly engine in the Panda 4x4, and will be probably also come available in the Panda Sport.

Attachments

• FIAT Panda Sport 100 hp.jpg
    FIAT Panda Sport 100 hp.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 19
Thank you every body for your replies X

I'm going to check out that link Pickwick, and get myself the manual.

I'm reassured by some comments... Just a big think to swap a big Duster for a Panda haha...

Last edited:
I bought it pre reg, it is a 19 plate, and at the time it was needed for a family of three etc ... Now there is only me mainly, and I don't need a big car... Plus if I swap now I get a new Panda, 3 years warranty PLUS 1300 pounds cash back! Plus I find the duster uncomfortable to sit in and oh so grey and dull!

If you do a little more searching you may even be able to get a sport model pre reg. You may lose about 3 months warranty and may not get the 1300 back but actually quite a good driver enviroment.

Attachments

• 16242087458496169340798787508764.jpg
    16242087458496169340798787508764.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
If you download and install the Panda App on your phone you get an easy interface that is preloaded with various apps including Spotify and Nav apps including Google Maps and Waze. It allows access to your phone book and music. It may not be perfect but once you find your way around it is adequate for purpose and easy to use. After much humphing and swearing I can now play off my USB and my phone. I just wish it would not insist on cutting off the Sat Nav while I am on the phone!

Back