General Braking sensor

Currently reading:
General Braking sensor

Ckl7

Hi all,

My rear brake lights are staying on, have pressed the brake sensor located in footwell and the brakes do turn off so sensor is working, however it is loose so brake can't hit the sensor, is it my brake that isn't returnig up properly to hit the sensor or the fact that my sensor is loose, the white part, how do I tighten it?

Thanks ? I have attached the sensor that I think is loose, the white plastic part.

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_215034.jpg
    IMG_20200207_215034.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
Brake sensor

Hey all,

So my brake lights are on constantly, this sensor is loose, how do you tighten it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200208_010351_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200208_010351_com.android.chrome.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 29
Re: Brake sensor

The switch has a bayonet fitting. Push it into the metal bracket and twist it to lock it in place. If one of the pegs on the side of the switch has broken off, you will need a new switch.

It has both pegs, just proving really difficult to turn, can I use long nose pliers to try and turn it.

Thanks davren

Thanks davren, got there eventually with it!

Thanks for your advice

Thanks davren, got there eventually with it!

Thanks for your advice

You may need to adjust the switch plunger.

Hold the pedal down, then pull the plunger down as far as it will go. Long, bent nose pliers would be useful for this.

Raise the pedal slowly until it stops. You should hear a ratchet clicking in the switch as the pedal rises. Don't pull the pedal up any further after it stops.

I did this as noticed it was a bit short! Got it sorted now!

Thanks so much for the advice! Much appreciated

Back