Technical Brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes

I really do feel for you as i have this very same problem. The fix, without a doubt, is the new shim kit, unless of course yours is not the same fault as everyone elses which i very much doubt. I would strongly suggest calling the dealer and telling them to look further into this part number or try another dealer because you could be waiting weeks maybe months for parts from italy. Some of my interior trim took 6 weeks.

Rich

Because the part number reffered to is for a front brake mod.

There is a mod on its way for the rear calipers squeaking but its about two weeks away from release. Will post here as soon as I see it.

Heheheh nice one Newman, it goes to show if you are gonna kick off with someone it pays to make sure you have all the facts right :D

Great NumanR you are a STAR!
I'll cancel it going in on Monday.
Desira, southgate knew nothing about the first part number you gave us, now because of you, they do and they ordered it and have it ready for me, but I said to them there's no point in you having my G. Punto Sporting with rear disc brakes if I'm gonna have to take it back again for the 'rears' to be done as well.
Many, many thanks man.

Is there any update on the rear disc noise problem? Mine is worse than ever now...is it worth me booking in and quoting the 77364393 part number?

The noise on my GP is only when I'm reversing and apply the brakes - is the the same as everyone elses?

Yeah, spoke to Desira, Southgate today and there are two different part numbers 77364393 and for the rear pads, 7736439(5), I think.
Both parts are now available, new brake pads made of a different material.
Your dealer will know about it.

my car is going in on thursday as i cannot open the driver's door from the inside which is a pain! but also getting the brakes done, and when i rang they said it will be fine and only take an hour for both to be done, so fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Yeah, spoke to Desira, Southgate today and there are two different part numbers 77364393 and for the rear pads, 7736439(5), I think.
Both parts are now available, new brake pads made of a different material.
Your dealer will know about it.

Excellent, thanks Superboy...mine's booked in, pending the brake pads coming in from back-order.

Is there any update on the rear disc noise problem? Mine is worse than ever now...is it worth me booking in and quoting the 77364393 part number?

The noise on my GP is only when I'm reversing and apply the brakes - is the the same as everyone elses?
yes i get the revearse breaking squeel every so often.

Back