Technical Brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes

jay_mz89

Established member
Will punto GT brakes an disks bolt straight on in place or punto 55 standard ones or do they need mounting brackets?

cheaper than buying new standard disks.... lol basically. And in theory they will be more responsive right? waiting on some prices from my garage about new standard disks and good pads. what do you guys recommend?

cheaper than buying new standard disks.... lol basically. And in theory they will be more responsive right? waiting on some prices from my garage about new standard disks and good pads. what do you guys recommend?

green stuff pads black diamond disks:D

erm yea they will give you more breaking before lock as the diameter is bigger this is all down to the way in witch wheels lock under breaking

but this extra breaking feel will be taken away again as you cant get them up to there optimum temprature so the fell will be diferent but most of the time no better nor worse than before

so in the end it will just be a novelty to have them and the insurance cost for them would far outweigh the novelty i'm sure

my advice would be stick to high quality oem fitment parts that you don't have to tell your insurer about

another option to improve but not over break your car would be the 1.6 or 1.2 16v brakes they have vented disks i believe but use the same brake pads so with vented disks and performance pads you may see an improvement

Last edited:
Back