Tuning Brakes upgrade

Currently reading:
Tuning Brakes upgrade

Have you looked at different compounds of friction materiel? the likes of willwood and AP offer a verity of pad compound to fit 1 caliper type and the difference is remarkable I have no idea of the availability for standard calipers but softer pads tend to bite harder there for stop quicker.
what options are available for hgt owners does anyone know??

I would be very interested to know what other calipers you can fit on the rears as the standard lucas calipers are just not up to the job at times (n)

almost all rear callipers on fiats are the aluminium lucas ones (best they have made so far).

ive only ever ran them on the back of a seicento, linked with the 1.8 set up at the front on the sei.

stopping was immense on such a small car but as 20% only ever goes to the rear a 240mm disk with the pad is more then enough....

on bravos only 1/3 of the weight is at the rear, the lucas callipers are more than enough to stop that, if you add that to some good disks and soft pads and you dont really need anymore unless your a out and out track monster.

fair point and as you say unless your a track day warrior or racer bias pedal boxes are not worth the effort

240mm disks are used as standard on the front of a 890kg punto, so they will be fine on rear of a 1.1 tonne bravo lol. you could mabee think of the coupe brembos up front but im unsure as to what rears they run....

On track I'd say you need even less rear braking as late braking trowns the weight over the front and leads to a very annoying tendancy for the car to spin when the rears lock. I have just removed my DS3000 pads from the rear and replace with std road pads. I had coupe turbo calipers (16vt) ds3000 on tipo 16v brembo discs, I would estimate this would fit the non 20v bravo's and it was fantastic braking, but disc warpage leads me to a AP Cp5100 4 pot set up.

Back