Technical Brake Pipe Help Needed Please

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Pipe Help Needed Please

fiatodyssey

Hi gang, can anyone help with pictures/drawing/Info of the route the 2 main front-to-rear brake pipes take on a 2B Sporting please?

I know the go from the front to the back and then up and over the fuel tank but I'm lost after that. Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers all

Hi gang, can anyone help with pictures/drawing/Info of the route the 2 main front-to-rear brake pipes take on a 2B Sporting please?

I know the go from the front to the back and then up and over the fuel tank but I'm lost after that. Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers all
I think they come out the other side of the fuel tank on the same bracket the handbrake cable is fixed to on each side?

Hang on. I will take some pictures

Hi mate, nothing on ePER unfortunately, unless i've missed it completely. I think the ones on it already (although now damaged) already took the wrong route so wanted to put it right.
The pipes come out each side of the rear left hand corner of the petrol tank. About 30cm apart. With my hand I can follow the right pipe almost to the point of reaching the left hand pipe on top of the tank. From that point of almost touching the right hand pipe more or less comes straight back to where you can see it and then travels along the back of the petrol tank to the right hand side where it goes towards the front of the car and then bends to the rear to go on the flexible hose and bracket for that.

Attachments

• PA091555.JPG
    PA091555.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 42
  • PA091554.JPG
    PA091554.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 36
  • PA091553.JPG
    PA091553.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 38
  • PA091552.JPG
    PA091552.JPG
    415.5 KB · Views: 34
  • PA091551.JPG
    PA091551.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 35
  • PA091550.JPG
    PA091550.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The pipes come out each side of the rear left hand corner of the petrol tank. About 30cm apart. With my hand I can follow the right pipe almost to the point of reaching the left hand pipe on top of the tank. From that point of almost touching the right hand pipe more or less comes straight back to where you can see it and then travels along the back of the petrol tank to the right hand side where it goes towards the front of the car and then bends to the rear to go on the flexible hose and bracket for that.
@judderbar Thank you SO much for these pictures and your advice! its just what I needed. Mine needed a bit of welding and before I knew it I was 'restoring' the complete underside. The brake lines at some point were done but not convinced they were correct so whilst I was there just wanted to make sure it was put back the way they were supposed to be. This is very helpful and I appreciate your help.

@judderbar Thank you SO much for these pictures and your advice! its just what I needed. Mine needed a bit of welding and before I knew it I was 'restoring' the complete underside. The brake lines at some point were done but not convinced they were correct so whilst I was there just wanted to make sure it was put back the way they were supposed to be. This is very helpful and I appreciate your help.
I was also appreciating you giving me the motivation to get under the car and see what has been happening since the last time I was looking.

Back