Styling Brake Drum / Caliper Painting

Currently reading:
Styling Brake Drum / Caliper Painting

softwarez

Established member
Ok.. Another newb question. WHere are they located? and what part can be painted? Anyone got Pictures? =/ Sorry.. but i gotta learn soemwhere, right?

And how much does the paint cost? and how should i clean etc? very detailed advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Or just leave the odd cocky comment. Thanks :D

Take your rear wheels and front wheels off being carefull to jack the car in a n appropiate place such as on the sill seam, and use a trolley jack to take the wheels off one at a time. place blocks under te struts or the sills to prevent the car sliding out on you. Your calipers are only on the front of your car unless you have a GT (doubt it!). The Calipers face towards the bumper and cover a part of you disk (shiny round object!) this is what houses your brake pads that stop your car. If you dont know about bleadding brakes etc or re adjusting your pads then do not remove it, just clean the surface of the caliper and paint with proper caliper paint from sumwhere such as Halfrauds (grrr!) as it needs to be heat resistant but also salt corrosion resistant for the winter. The rear drums can use the same paint. To save time and fiddling with the brakes again afterwards just clean and paint them, ensuring with both the caliper at the front and drum at the rear not to let any grease or paint onto the disk or inside the drum and do not paint over the bleed or grase nipples. Pics below if needed:
Disk.jpg

Drum.jpg

Hope that helps

yeah cleaning them is the most important part, wire brush and sand paper them then rinse them etc, get them as clean as possible so the paint can be applied as cleanly as possible, then use heat proof paint. Always look in the actual tin before buying, dont always trust the colour sticker on the outside, I bought "red" paint the first time and it was pink, just the way the paint was, it looked pink when it dried, went out and bought some proper rrreeeed paint.

Thanks for the advice and help :D Especially the pics :D

sweet i was wondering about this as well!! how long do you reckon it'll take to do?

Advice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all i have a punto sporting on a 2000v in black and its a 3 door. Was just wondering if you guys can think of any thing to do to the car which is cheap or free to make the car look better... i have just removed the door protectors which was a great idea, was just thinking if there was any more cool things like this to do? I dont mind spending abit of time doing it, car is standard apart from ice and a k and n induction kit.. was thinking painting the brakes?? Any ideas would be great thanks alot :slayer:

if u have standard wheel on you wont be able to see the calipers and disks?

There's a guide on this in the Guide Section IIRC.

I used the Savage kit, paint, cleaner, brush etc. Cost about £20

Back