General bp ultimate unleaded in my 1.2

Currently reading:
General bp ultimate unleaded in my 1.2

Just dont trust supermarket petrol.... :D

seems people forget so quickly what happened with the bad batches of petrol which where sold by certain supermarkets. I wonder why the news stopped reporting the fact so quickly is it that Money/ l or the threat of legal action talks........ lets face it supermarkets run rough shod over planning requirements as they can afford legal bills that would skint most council's annual budgets if they attempt to fight it..

hell that's too political for a friday night :eek:

Well I Have a 1.2, and have regretted it ever sine I bought it, until I put v-power in it. Say what you like its my car I drive it everyday and the v-power gives its a little more kick, and when using ASDA or Tesco petrol is judders from 1st to second gear. With v-Power there is no judder and I can hit 0-60mph 10.9 seconds, stock quote from Fiat is 14.2 seconds.
Of course I had to really give it some.

I tested it on my street with 3 friends over the course of a week. Yes I did it on a public street Stupid I Know my friends were blocking the road and it was 5 in the morning, we never once saw a person or another car.

Also tested on slip roads on M4 around Heston. No Excuses I was wrong doing this on public streets...but the V-Power does work IMHO.
0-60 with average Gas is still quicker than 14.2 at around 12.3 seconds.

lmao sorry but i doubt very much that by using V-POWER will drop your 0-60 time from 14.2 to 10.9, you can only really feel and see the difference of using high octane, in performance cars with big dirty turbo's, mainly japanese cars like impreza's, evo's and skylines.

Well I Have a 1.2, and have regretted it ever sine I bought it, until I put v-power in it. Say what you like its my car I drive it everyday and the v-power gives its a little more kick, and when using ASDA or Tesco petrol is judders from 1st to second gear. With v-Power there is no judder and I can hit 0-60mph 10.9 seconds, stock quote from Fiat is 14.2 seconds.

I tested it on my street with 3 friends over the course of a week. Yes I did it on a public street Stupid I Know my friends were blocking the road and it was 5 in the morning, we never once saw a person or another car.

Also tested on slip roads on M4 around Heston. No Excuses I was wrong doing this on public streets...but the V-Power does work IMHO.

cheres for that m8 thats just wat i needed to hear (y) im guna put abit in 2morrow, may as well try ay!

oh and completly agree with the 0-60 time its not 14 secs at all there is a t junction i come out of evrey day and i have to pick up speed rather fast so i dont get....well hit basicly:D and i tell ya if it did rely take 14 secs id be smashed up by now!

Last edited:
Super in a 1.2 GP waste of time, put your wallet away and the money towards a regular service.

In a performance motor it could be worthwhile and has been proven in tests to result in increased bhp. I have an article here from some motor mechanic mag which tested various fuels and cars and in the likes of a Porsche 911 increased performance was found but in everyday models the response was negligable.

Older cars designed for 4Star may benefit as 4Star had a higher octane content (97) than normal unleaded, cars such as the MGB were designed to run on 5Star (99) and again would potentially benefit.

I don't believe for a moment that the 4 second difference in acceleration was caused by using v-power del, otherwise my GP would be hitting 60 in 5.5 seconds. Which I can safely say does not happen.

Probably inaccurate times given in the first place.
I don't think it's time for everybody to rush to the pumps just yet...

But a smoother drive like you mentioned sounds more believable.

I don't believe for a moment that the 4 second difference in acceleration was caused by using v-power del, otherwise my GP would be hitting 60 in 5.5 seconds. Which I can safely say does not happen.

Probably inaccurate times given in the first place.
I don't think it's time for everybody to rush to the pumps just yet...

But a smoother drive like you mentioned sounds more believable.

Well was tested using a Velocity Box. All I can say is that.. Was mounted to the dash and preprogramed to record 6 rounds of 0-60mph. its average was 10.9
I think there is something weird with Fiats and their marketing. I go to Italy every year at least 8 times. I recently posted in a thread that the 1.2 in Italy is marked as 75BHP with the 1.3 MJ rated at 100BHP.
When I asked a dealer their he said...come on Fiat is Italian, they will record numbers that suite your officials and get the cars in the right bands for Tax C02 etc.

The MJ 1.9 is actually rated in Italy as a 160 BHP Car!!!
No mistakes here Id swear my life on it. My other half is Italian so no translation issues.
Now whether that's Fiats for Italian market or what i don't know, Im going again on the 6th of OCT if I get a chance to go to a dealer I will photo the specs on the cars.

Also Look at Grande J..his car was rated at 70 odd BHP stock on a rolling road before he got it modded or mapped or whatever he did, and that's a 1.2
so I don't know.
We all know the 1.2 is slow no illusions... but I think for some reason its not as bad as it's made out to be, its a bit of a dark horse.

Back to my speeds, I have several friends with big cars, they have rich parents unlike myself, they live for cars and track days etc.. I used one of their Velocity Box's and next time if its safe Ill do it again and video it, thus incriminating my self but honest that's what it said.
The guy i borrowed from has a V10 VW Toureg with a 0-60 of 7.8, with the box it says 6.7..now is this down the way in which the Velocity Box measures speed using GPS or what??

I also think 0-60 quotes are complete toss in all cars. Get Lewis Hamilton to do the 0-60 for any given car and then we will see the real 0-60, but of course we are supposed to drive not race so i guess the 0-60 is always quoted as such.

Ok well thats all I can say... Im no expert, but im no fool.
Not trying to argue or anything just saying my bit.

Jason

Well was tested using a Velocity Box. All I can say is that.. Was mounted to the dash and preprogramed to record 6 rounds of 0-60mph. its average was 10.9
I think there is something weird with Fiats and their marketing. I go to Italy every year at least 8 times. I recently posted in a thread that the 1.2 in Italy is marked as 75BHP with the 1.3 MJ rated at 100BHP.
When I asked a dealer their he said...come on Fiat is Italian, they will record numbers that suite your officials and get the cars in the right bands for Tax C02 etc.

The MJ 1.9 is actually rated in Italy as a 160 BHP Car!!!
No mistakes here Id swear my life on it. My other half is Italian so no translation issues.
Now whether that's Fiats for Italian market or what i don't know, Im going again on the 6th of OCT if I get a chance to go to a dealer I will photo the specs on the cars.

Also Look at Grande J..his car was rated at 70 odd BHP stock on a rolling road before he got it modded or mapped or whatever he did, and that's a 1.2
so I don't know.
We all know the 1.2 is slow no illusions... but I think for some reason its not as bad as it's made out to be, its a bit of a dark horse.

Back to my speeds, I have several friends with big cars, they have rich parents unlike myself, they live for cars and track days etc.. I used one of their Velocity Box's and next time if its safe Ill do it again and video it, thus incriminating my self but honest that's what it said.
The guy i borrowed from has a V10 VW Toureg with a 0-60 of 7.8, with the box it says 6.7..now is this down the way in which the Velocity Box measures speed using GPS or what??

I also think 0-60 quotes are complete toss in all cars. Get Lewis Hamilton to do the 0-60 for any given car and then we will see the real 0-60, but of course we are supposed to drive not race so i guess the 0-60 is always quoted as such.

Ok well thats all I can say... Im no expert, but im no fool.
Not trying to argue or anything just saying my bit.

Jason

I didn't say that your 0-60 was wrong, I just mentioned the fact that it wasn't down to using vpower.

Like you said 0-60 isn't everything, in fact it doesn't really count for alot other than pub bragging. Obviously it has meaning, but nowhere near what it is made out to be.

I didn't say that your 0-60 was wrong, I just mentioned the fact that it wasn't down to using vpower.

Like you said 0-60 isn't everything, in fact it doesn't really count for alot other than pub bragging. Obviously it has meaning, but nowhere near what it is made out to be.

No I see where you are coming from, I really do. But the Figures did change with the fuel. I ran my tank down to lets say about 10 miles left in if that the orange light was on and everything!
then filed with V-Power then with standard fuel.
and the figures changed, and with the std fuel the 1st-2nd gear judder came back after about 20 mins :( I really dont know what caused it, but the fuel was the only change.

EDIT***************

Just Found This:
http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_94174.html

Read through if you like, but ill quote this bit.

"11. Once I filled up with gasoline that was of inferior quality. I immediately noticed that something was wrong. Grande Punto noticed that around the same time, and dropped the power by about one half - and limited RPMs to about 3500. Luckily I had about half the tank empty, so I drove to the first good gas station and added some decent fuel. After about 5 minutes of driving, it detected that everything was pretty good again, and raised the RPMs to normal. Now that's some serious engine management."

Jason

Last edited:
THE RESULTS:

not i mainly do moterway driving - ok so.

-I got BP ultimate - SHI-T - did about 35/40 mpg - driving as safe as i could

-Then i got shell v-power, bit of a treat using my dads money:D - that is SHI-T HOOT! am now doing about 47/50 mpg driving normuly!

So i think what im going to do is fill up with normal petrol then on sundays, when dad gives me some money for the trip to his evrey sunday (think of me what you wish lol :D ), ill get some shell v-power!

Back