500 Bought a Fiat 500 for £700! amazing

Currently reading:
500 Bought a Fiat 500 for £700! amazing

Welcome to you! niggles are our speciality on this forum! :p If its a 1.2 fiat 500 then one of us has either broken it or experienced it thats for sure!:LOL: welcome to the club! lets hope considering the price you paid the problems are small common ones(y) rather than big rare ones eh!:eek:.

Welcome to you! niggles are our speciality on this forum! :p If its a 1.2 fiat 500 then one of us has either broken it or experienced it thats for sure!:LOL: welcome to the club! lets hope considering the price you paid the problems are small common ones(y) rather than big rare ones eh!:eek:.
Thank you the response so far has been great on this forum and I look forward to gaining more knowledge but also to impart my knowledge on helping fix other peoples cars. Heres a little video to show my new pride and joy, things I will be rectifying are the broken clutch pedal, radio reception and lambda sensor in the next few weeks.

Nice video! just be careful when"repairing" the clutch pedal! as they are designed to break and protect your foot if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident! there have been stories of folk welding up the pedal then suffering nasty injurys in a crash cause the pedal has not snapped of to protect there foot as its designed too! better to replace with a known good one from e-bay or the like !.
take care!& good luck!.

Hi All

Fiats have always been a love of mine, as my first car was a 1983 Fiat 127 and I loved it ! I picked up a great little Fiat 500 Pop 2009 with the 1.2L engine and 80k miles on the clock. There are a few littles niggles that I will be fixing, so hope the forum can shed some light !

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a bargain!

Bargains have a way of becoming expensive!:eek: unless your very lucky🤔 but heres hoping!🙄🤪
Mot history suggests this car has not been looked after, IE. fails due to a brake light out?
Its interesting how so many Scottish cars end up south of the boarder as ours too is a SK prefix, that bodes poorly for rust if our car is anything to go by?

I picked up a great little Fiat 500 Pop 2009 with the 1.2L engine and 80k miles on the clock.
Was it stolen?, that seems too cheap to be true in the current market.

Nice video! just be careful when"repairing" the clutch pedal! as they are designed to break and protect your foot if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident! there have been stories of folk welding up the pedal then suffering nasty injurys in a crash cause the pedal has not snapped of to protect there foot as its designed too! better to replace with a known good one from e-bay or the like !.
take care!& good luck!.
Absolutely, the NCAP regs would design that peddle to snap, so I have managed to fix in situ, using some metal epoxy and piece of thin wire to hold it straight, I will post a video to explain as its easier.

Was it stolen?, that seems too cheap to be true in the current market.
I bargined down, I could have gone more as he wanted to sell for space in front of his house as just got a new mini. Also If noticed the broken pedal I could have gone a bit more, however as I sort of knew him I didn't want to be greedy and it was 2 days before Christmas!

Back