General Bottom hose for 1.2 GP required

Currently reading:
General Bottom hose for 1.2 GP required

cgranger

Hi
The coolant level in the expansion tank on my 1.2 GP has been dropping 1 cm or so every couple of weeks.
The only damp area is around the bottom hose where it joins the radiator. Of course this could be coming from higher up on the radiator but I would like to start by replacing the bottom hose as this will be cheaper.
However, I have not been able to find a suitable hose on ebay or shop4parts so any suggestions for a source and or part number would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Have you actually been able to detect where the leak is coming from? Is it actually coming from the hose itself? Look further up first to see if it's leaking from somewhere else, otherwise you are pointlessly spending money to fix a problem that is elsewhere.

cgranger - appeared to say that earlier:)

"Of course this could be coming from higher up on the radiator but I would like to start by replacing the bottom hose as this will be cheaper."

Why not start by looking at further up first. Saves having to buy a hose, and waste more coolant if it turns out to be something else. I did read the original post ;)(y)

Thanks for all the suggestions.
To answer some of the points:
The car is my daughters who live a couple of hundred miles from me. I was visiting her yesterday when I spotted the leak and she told me of the drop in coolant level. She only visits for the odd week-end every couple of months so I will have to get in the replacement part ahead of time - hence starting with the bottom hose.
I could not see a bottom hose on any of the diagrams in the link (either eper or shop4parts) so I am still trying to find the correct part.
Suggestions???
Chris

Thanks for all the suggestions.
To answer some of the points:
The car is my daughters who live a couple of hundred miles from me. I was visiting her yesterday when I spotted the leak and she told me of the drop in coolant level. She only visits for the odd week-end every couple of months so I will have to get in the replacement part ahead of time - hence starting with the bottom hose.
I could not see a bottom hose on any of the diagrams in the link (either eper or shop4parts) so I am still trying to find the correct part.
Suggestions???
Chris

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...INT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&WINDOW_ID=1

;)

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...=3&WINDOW_ID=1&SGRP_COD=1&SGS_COD=5&DRW_NUM=2

the menu at the bottom will find the correct model / engine / trim combo.

shop 4 parts may not have a picture.. but I'd be astounded if they cannot supply one..,
Charlie

Last edited:
Back