Technical Boot open message

Currently reading:
Technical Boot open message

Neowizard

Hi.

My boot is very much closed on my Qubo 2013, but every time I start it up, I get the "boot open" message on my panel.

Been trying to get this fixed for a while, but I can't seem to find where the sensor is located. Looked at the locking mechanism, but failed to identify it.

Anyone know where should I look?

Thanks.

Hi.

My boot is very much closed on my Qubo 2013, but every time I start it up, I get the "boot open" message on my panel.

Been trying to get this fixed for a while, but I can't seem to find where the sensor is located. Looked at the locking mechanism, but failed to identify it.

Anyone know where should I look?

Thanks.

I can only say on a Seat Leon the switch is integral to the boot lock.,. SO tiny its not possible to replace or mend so a new lock is probably required on your Qubo. I removed the boot lock and applied WD40 and wiped it all clean which brought it back for a while. If you can see electrical plug it will have three wires positive to open / unlock, an earth and a positive to close / lock. If there are additional wires these will be the micro-switch wires to say I am locked and I am unlocked so I suspect more than three wires to teh lock means micro-switches. I bough various cheap locks that were a waste of money, right up to the GSF lock which was pricey. In the end I paid up and got the proper spare and instantly all the lock and warning light functions were restored. I would recommend you avoid the ebay and pattern parts for locks as the bother of removing the lock is significant.. I did the drivers door lock 5 times before learning the hard way that for doors locks are handed and RHD models are not the same as LHD part supplied by the cheap parts people. Good luck.

Built into the lock assembly, I keep mine lubed with WD and up to now have not had a problem...............though the daughters Punto suffered a failed lock on the tailgate, and needed replacing. Very very similar part.............hope you get it fixed. Cheers Qube O.

Back