Technical 'Boot Open' Indicator on

Currently reading:
Technical 'Boot Open' Indicator on

abhisandhir

Hi

I have a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD Multiwagon. Recently, I believe, it has developed a problem with the boot sensor. When I turn the engine on, the 'Boot Open' warning comes on with chimes and the red light showing boot open remains on always.

Though the boot is properly closed, the indicator always stays on. I have tried to look for the sensor so that I can see if there is any damage to it or there is any gap between the sensor and the surface it pushes against but haven't been able to locate it yet.

I have tried adjusting the rubber pads under the boot lid, but nothing has worked yet.

Could anybody please help me solve this problem?

Thanks

Abhi

Had the same fault in my GP and ended up taking it into the garage after much :bang: and swearing. They did some work to the boot locking mechanism which sorted it out fine, started my boot light working again as well :)

Hi

I have a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD Multiwagon. Recently, I believe, it has developed a problem with the boot sensor. When I turn the engine on, the 'Boot Open' warning comes on with chimes and the red light showing boot open remains on always.

Though the boot is properly closed, the indicator always stays on. I have tried to look for the sensor so that I can see if there is any damage to it or there is any gap between the sensor and the surface it pushes against but haven't been able to locate it yet.

I have tried adjusting the rubber pads under the boot lid, but nothing has worked yet.

Could anybody please help me solve this problem?

Thanks

Abhi

The boot sensor is located inside the own boot lock. Try first to adjust the ring where the boot gets hooked by moving it, and adjust too the two rubber doorstops located on both sides of the door. I fixed mine, and I got a smoother door closing and solved the problem...

Mine started doing that when the weather got cold and wouldn't open from the outside because the computer thought it already was open and had turned off the boot switch.

I "fixed" that by climbing into the boot, reaching down the side of the lock and flicking the manual release. Cleared all possible rubbish (newspaper/dog leads/tarpaulin) from lock area and shut it again, working on the basis that nothing had actually moved or broken as far as I could see.

"Mended."

My wifes Stilo Wagon (1.9 JTD) has started throwing up this very annoying message whilst driving. The boot is 100% closed but obviously the sensor is a little too damn sensitive. :(

I will have a fiddle with the locking mechanism tomorrow before I change a headlight bulb. :cry:

If you have the dual openning tailgate option, the "Boot Open" message will appear if either the tailgate or the tailgate window is slightly ajar.

Beat me to it, ;) I had that problem for a few hours until I realised the top part was open, it comes with pressing the key fob to open the boot continuously for 2 seconds.

Old OP though

Last edited:
I know, I saw, clearly OP did not post if fixed or not, hopefully our new friend can do just that ;)

Since my original anger with this Boot Open situation I have mastered the art of the double click on the remote and am happy to report that when the smaller section of the dual opening tailgate was re-opened and closed properly all was well. :worship:

Many bumps and bangs have since been absorbed and zero warnings have been displayed. :cool:

Happy Days. (y)

Back