General boot light

Currently reading:
General boot light

coops punto

Hi All

boot light stays on when all doors and boot are closed and locked
any one got any ideas ???

also water seems to be getting in boot when washed from behind near side light area same side as boot light ????????????????

Last edited:
Hi guys,

just got a punto 1.4 8v. having some trouble my boot lamp is not working.

Thought the T10 blub was blown will take a look again.
bhought a Led T10 didn't work.
The fuse is shared by the cabin lights fuse right?
Use a multi metre the connectors at the bulb holders shows 0.
tapped to the wires going into bulb holder showed only 5.1v.
while the 12v socket next to it was showing 12.something.

There is a possibility what i have checked the technique might have been wrong. Thus the outcome from troubleshooting.

If what i have done right so far what should i do next?

Your post is not very clear...

The boot courtesy light (g040) receives permanent 12V positive from fuse shared with sun visor lights (g031 & g032) , the switch in the opening motorized actuator (n057) is therefore in the return (ground) line...

GR: giallo/rosso = yellow/red
GN: giallo/nero= yellow/black
N: nero = black

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You understand -or better- fix your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Lights inner.JPG
    Lights inner.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
Your post is not very clear...

The boot courtesy light (g040) receives permanent 12V positive from fuse shared with sun visor lights (g031 & g032) , the switch in the opening motorized actuator (n057) is therefore in the return (ground) line...

GR: giallo/rosso = yellow/red
GN: giallo/nero= yellow/black
N: nero = black

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You understand -or better- fix your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Thanks for the reply got to take a look at it again and try to understand.

For my earlier post i try to rephrase what i said.

Basically i thought the T10 bulb in the boot in blown so i got another one but this one its a LED type T10.

So this new LED T10 didn't work either.

My next instinct was to see the fuse. Not too sure but seems like the fuse is share by a couple of other things.(my understanding of the fuse box digram i found online)

But those other things that share this fuse are working fine.

Next i used a multimeter gauge to measure from the connectors of the T10 bulb with the tailgate open and it was showing 5.1v. I was expecting 12.something or notting.

So to test if my multimetre i testing it on the power socket near the light was showing 12.something V.

I see you have explained in details with the wire digram will try to understand that and see how to solve that.

Back