General Bonnet release handle/lever

Currently reading:
General Bonnet release handle/lever

Stevethedoc

I need to remove the plastic door sill trim on the passenger side (UK) of a 2023 Panda. I've got the trim all loose but the bonnet release handle needs to come off first.

Any idea on how to release the bonnet handle. I can't feel any screws or clips behind it, but don't want to pull too hard and break something.

Thanks for any advice.

I need to remove the plastic door sill trim on the passenger side (UK) of a 2023 Panda. I've got the trim all loose but the bonnet release handle needs to come off first.

Any idea on how to release the bonnet handle. I can't feel any screws or clips behind it, but don't want to pull too hard and break something.

Thanks for any advice.
Although I’ve not removed that lever myself, I think you do get a better view of the assembly if you remove the glovebox. So if you haven’t done that already give it a try. Less than 5 mins work, a few T25 bolts IIRC and a 5 or 6mm hex.

I'll have a look, not sure it will show more.
The boot handle that needs to come off has a socket in it, there must be a pin coming through the sill trim onto which it clips but can't see as its between handle and sill trim.

Great you've got the solution :)

We have the forum ePER parts catalogue on the top of the site, just below the forum banner. I've went through to check how it is connected and to get the part numbers:

Then, with the part number I was able to find photos online, which led me to the same conclusion as yours :D

Back