Bmw 1

Currently reading:
Bmw 1

BMW 1

• A good car, well priced for a prestige label.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It looks like a badly revised alfa 147. (come to think of it the 147's been badly revised anyway!)

christopher watson said:
When i had the panda 4x4, i once went through a ford (a type of river crossing), and the bmw X5 that was tailgating me suddenly stopped - the air intake is soo low to the ground, that water flooded the engine, BRILL. I offered my help (nothing i could have done), but was told 'what would you know about a proper car, you drive a heap of cr*p', to which i replied 'at least mine drives' before getting into my car and driving away (the X5 is probably still in the river ;))

ROFPMSL! Brilliant :D My opinion on BMW cars is much the same as JBs, can't comment on how they drive though, just their looks!

I voted for 'total waste of space' which thinking about it was probably wrong, I should have gone for 'overpriced' or something. Clarkson said they were rubbish, but not having driven one I don't actually know. Personally I think it looks awful, and it's priced at silly money, to me you have to have more money than sense to get a car like that.

But people will, just because of the badge. As I say I haven't driven one but having driven a 3 series and finding it no better to drive than, for example, an octavia a third of the price, I can't see any reason to ever buy one. Not to say I object to others getting them though like I do... er... X5's! Bloody things should be banned.

I've driven a few 3 series the smaller engined one's I find really boring and they feel too heavy, the larger engined versions feel exactly the same just faster. I appreciate that they are very refined, but that seems to detract from the enjoyment, the speed still felt boring. The exception is the M3, which doesn't seem to bare any relation to the other 3 series, it feels totally alive and very exciting. The BMW1 that I had was a diesel and still more enjoyable to drive than the petrol or deisel 3 series' that I have driven.

I find the 5 and 7 series equally boring to drive, must be something to do with the level of refinement, everything is just to smooth, I get no sense that I am actually driving them, it's just like watching scenery go by. I realise that is a good thing for motorway munchers, but not for me. I assume the M5 would be more like the M3, but haven't driven one so can't comment. I haven't driven the new 6 series, but I liked the old one, although it too felt heavy, it was still relatively nimble and gave a lot of feedback. The 8 series was an amazing drive, but I only drove an 840 once, I would like to try an 850 some time. Why did they stop making them, not very popular I guess.

Neofolis said:
The 8 series was an amazing drive, but I only drove an 840 once, I would like to try an 850 some time. Why did they stop making them, not very popular I guess.

850 used a V12 power plant that couldn't meet the tighter emission laws so was pulled then the 840 was pulled soon after.

Liam

Back