General Blue Smoke...!

Currently reading:
General Blue Smoke...!

Video of the smoke isn't really that useful but closeups of the spark plug electrodes would be very useful - hopefully you've got a nice macro mode on your camera (y)

hang on, he says its got over 100k on, doesnt say its FSH for that mileage.

Suggestions made so far are exactly the things i am thinking of.

One thin you havent mentioned is, is it actually using oil? What i mean is my 1.2 goes between services without a massive drop in oil level, it never goes below half way on the dip stick, but having owned a car that had an engine rebuilt after a seize, that went through about a litre to 2 litres a month as it burned a little bit (giving blue smoke occasionally)

with 100k on the clock, and not knowing the status of service history, could be pistons to valves to seals.

Compression test will find these things.

I personally wouldnt buy a car without a FSH again, my ibiza was a sack of sh!t, and i have a FSH for the stilo and it still runs like new (esp now its just been serviced, running a lot better)

I think that there are some addon liquids to put in your oil in order to close any leak of oil in the pistons. (Sorry for my English..)

I believe that you add it once and you're done. Usually its usefull when you fill your car with thinner oil.
I've seen that on a 97 Nissan petrol engined.

Our manufacturer suggests SELENIA 10-40W i think. Why don't you try them?

I think that there are some addon liquids to put in your oil in order to close any leak of oil in the pistons. (Sorry for my English..)

I believe that you add it once and you're done. Usually its usefull when you fill your car with thinner oil.
Don't even think about it :shakehead:

....unless you wanted to replace the engine anyway!

Im jus goin to replace the engine...all the spark plugs were covered with oil and greese...it was horrible..then, after they were cleaned and the insides were clean. i replaced the plugs, then the car missed fired and even more blue smoke is coming out. the miss firing has stopped, but no start up, its like a smoke machine...:bang:

Jus goin to check on engines to fit into the car, any advise on this matter will be gratefull..Thanks

(y)

yeah, 1, 2 and 3 were chocolate brown and dripping, the 4 th wasnt that bad. so, im jus gonna replace the engine..check my other new reply...
Sorry for the delay...Uni was a killer!

Plus, im gettin my old bravo on the road soon..! then ill be asking for kits and other stuff..! Peace!

yeah, 1, 2 and 3 were chocolate brown and dripping, the 4 th wasnt that bad. so, im jus gonna replace the engine..check my other new reply...
Sorry for the delay...Uni was a killer!

Plus, im gettin my old bravo on the road soon..! then ill be asking for kits and other stuff..! Peace!

Maybe consider a Stilo 1.2 motor from a scrappies or even a re-build at a local garage u can trust. I would imagine a bottom end re-build, re-bore, new rings and valves plus associated bits would breathe new life into it but it wouldnt be cheap... :(

You should be able to get a low mileage one for under £200 from a scrappy so don't even consider reconditioning it.

I agree pure cost wise but you have no idea what the history of a scrapped low miler is. Conundrum innit. :p

I agree pure cost wise but you have no idea what the history of a scrapped low miler is. Conundrum innit. :p
Depends if it's still in the car.

If the body shell shows obvious crash damage then there's a very good chance the engine is OK (frontal damage not good though). Also you can verify mileage.

Many breakers will also offer a basic guarantee and personally I'd never accept an engine without one.

Ive been told a old punto can fit in the stilo...:S....not sure thou, im checking for low mileage engines for £200, the fitting i can get free :p, from a friend..! O yea.! its good to know people! :)

Anyway..! Ill keep u posted ..

O, my bravo is up ans running, but its in a state....dusty and mucky..:eek:
Ill, keep guys posted on that as well..:) ill upload a pick of my bravo..! peace!

Last edited:
Just an idea, before you see that engine as a scrapper.. possibly try a forte engine flush.. a thin cleaner that will clean the internals of the engine, just because its burning oil doesnt mean it is knackered, stuck or clogged oil scraper rings can show the same symptoms.. compression and piston ring will still hold good compression, forte flush or something like will be a cheap alternative to try, at 15-20 quid to try you are not going to lose out much if it doesnt help,

worth a try.. and its one thing that isnt a snake oil..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Forte-OIL-MOT...ryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Huh, thanks for the head up, but ive done that, same thing happens...i done that twice :)

and i flushed it 3 times, same thing keeps happening..! :yuck:

:bang: im hitting a brick wall!

Back