Gavins_Sisley_001.jpg

Panda (Classic) Blue Sisley, my first Panda.

Introduction

Starting this thread for Gavin (Palio) as the car is with me for work at the moment. Gavin, feel free to back fill details of history. (y)

It's a very nice example, especially considering it's 120,000 miles. It's with me primarily for bodywork. The roof has been resprayed, tailgate was rusty in the corners so has been replaced with a good used one I had, and the offside front wing was rusty so has been renewed.

I've also sorted the rear brakes which had seized wheel cyls. It turned out that the rear brake hose was blocked, when I tried to bleed the brakes the pedal was solid even with both rear nipples removed! It's not surprising the cyls. were seized, they probably hadn't moved in ages.

Another surprise was when I changed the tyres. :eek:

It came to me fitted with 165/80/13's, how they didn't foul anything I don't know. The tread was great but the side walls were badly cracked so they all had to be renewed. Gavin went for the same Nankang M&S's I used for Barbara's 4x4 (165/70/13's) as I found they were great around Scotland. The surprise came when I removed one of the old tyres. All wheels had tubes in bye the way......

As the valve pulled out of it's hole the wheel just crumbled!!!

The spare had the same problem but on a much much smaller scale. I was able to weld up and remake the hole on that one.

I won't bore you all with the other stuff I've been doing so, Gavin, it's over to you............
Reactions: Palio
Finally have time for an update! :)

Howie was mot'd a couple of weeks ago but did have a couple of adviseries that should be sorted in a few days.

Handbrake only just passed on the n/s, further inspection showed the brake shoes were low and probably week on the self adjusting pads so a new set is being fitted.

Also the front brake hoses were starting to perish so these are being replaced now too. The rear one was done a couple of years ago so Howie will have the whole set now.

Here's a few pics taken before the mot. The stone chip still needs to be applied and then the cavity wax, my shultz gun wouldn't work when I needed it to so I've had to order a new one. :bang:

Once the stone chip has been applied the outer trim, arch linings and rock sliders can be re-fitted.

Inside is now all back together and cleaned up apart from the rear side panels, again these are waiting for the cavity wax to be applied inside the rear wings before they are fitted.

The battery tray looked like this so i've rubbed down and treated the rust, then top coated it to help it look a little more presentable.......

Haven't got any recent pics so can't show the finished job yet. All the body repairs have been top coated with a made up aerosol can, this is fine for now as Gavin has a full respray planned for a couple of years time. The match and finish is pretty good though so it was a good call. Unfortunately the paint ran out before I could do the battery tray so I used an aerosol I had for my blue clx, not quite the same blue but very close, good enough for an area hidden under the bonnet I think, hope Gavin agrees. :eek:. When the respray is carried out the battery tray can be included then. (y)

Last edited:
MOT pass today :woot: Took a bit of defrosting as everything was welded up with frozen rain, but the effort was (more or less) worth it!

Confession time - sorry VmanC the Limited Editions Unlimited sticker scraped off with the welded ice in my hurry to get to the MOT in time......... :eek:

Few pictures from a couple of weeks ago - not a great deal of snow, but enough to make this county grind to a halt! :rolleyes:

Back