Technical Blue & me update problem

Currently reading:
Technical Blue & me update problem

treecologist

Was having phone connection issues so decided to see if blue & me updates were available.
Found the blue & me site, followed instructions only to find that the software updated was Italian - it wasn't possible to select English, the dropdowns didn't open.
I've contacted Fiat but they don't seem to have the solution?
Any suggestions?

Yes, the car 'speaks' Italian but the visible (written) instructions that appear on the multi functional display are in English.
A further problem I've encountered is that I can no longer connect my Blue & Me Tom Tom to Blue & Me.

Before you go paying a dealer....

The first time I updated B&M on my Qubo a couple of years ago -- to v7-- I had horrendous problems. You can read of it, and how I fixed it, here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/345007-fix-updating-v7-0-pairing-tomtom-blueme2.html

You will note that I was at that time using a B&M2 TomTom, and it did not sync, plus my car ended up in Italian-- sounds like your problem may be similar!

There is also a sticky in the B&M on here re changing the language:

https://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/126115-blue-me-language-change-procedure.html

Basically, I found the crux of my problem to have been that the whole procedure is unclear. After you download the first files to an EMPTY USB stick then input it to the car for the car to update it, then do NOT load any more files onto that stick once you've linked it back to the B&M site again, until you've cleared the original files off (or use a different EMPTY USB stick to download the second, update files)

After the first problems, and using the process I outlined in my earlier posts,I had no further updating issues at each version update- no USB 10 errors, no language changing, no B&M2 TomTom sync problems etc etc.

However, B&M is such garbage that when I dropped my TomTom B&M2 on the floor, I just replaced it with a Start50 for £60 including free lifetime mapping- no stupid extras for mapping as per the rip-off for FIAT group owners daft enough to use B&M2 satnav-- and I don't miss any of the B&M functionality one bit............

Hope this helps? Good luck!

I have done the exact same as you... Please let me know if you manage to fix it and i'll do the same. Ref the two links you posted doblovert the language change tool gets stuck on 'updating' and doesn't work and the other link is pretty much a similar issue although I can't find anyone with the English firmware available to download!

So frustrating that the tool detected italian in the first place and I cannot manually override it to English... Will keep trawling the web surely the firmware must be somewhere!

Managed to fix it, re-installed the Italian firmware and it must not have successfully installed to begin with hence why the language pack kept failing.

Install the Italian firmware and be patient, let it do it's thing even if you hear the radio start playing do not turn off that ignition until you see the words complete! Once that is done, install the language pack mentioned in the post above.

Voila! I'm never updating again :)

Phil,

Suggest you post in the miscellaneous section under sat nav as more advice could be forthcoming?

Hi.

Question are there any TomTom sat nav that would be compatible with the 68R socket other than blue&me 2, compatible for powering the unit via the strip connector in the holder Base.

Phillip.

The TomTom B&M2 is just a "FIATised" TomTom Go Live 1000. The dimensions are the same, as are the power connectors.Thus, it will fit in the Option68R cradle and power the same way, as that's all the cradle does.

The TomTom B&M2 is just a "FIATised" TomTom Go Live 1000. The dimensions are the same, as are the power connectors.Thus, it will fit in the Option68R cradle and power the same way, as that's all the cradle does.

I have a (new) surplus cradle if you decide to go down that route.

It's very easy when you have the right GoLive TT unit and it's better (more practical) than units suckered onto the windscreen. Just has the annoyance of having to give money to TT with their less than good support (viz lost units and their potential to disable them via the internal SIM card..)

R-V-M

I have a (new) surplus cradle if you decide to go down that route.

It's very easy when you have the right GoLive TT unit and it's better (more practical) than units suckered onto the windscreen. Just has the annoyance of having to give money to TT with their less than good support (viz lost units and their potential to disable them via the internal SIM card..)

R-V-M

RVM.

After reading many specs on tom tom devices I think the 68R and tomtom 2 live is the way I'll go, we have TT 1 and TT start 25, Home and my Drive update software. I feel that there is no point of having the full integration option and cutting off your nose for an alternative.

Lets face it if you have 16'' alloys would you take them off and replace with 13'' steels.

Having drove for a living most of my working life, I don't need a sat-nav to tell how to get from (A to B) just the last few feet if looking for a camp site we've not been to before. I don't mind paying the 291 pounds Fiat accessories is asking if you wind up with a product giving you trouble free opperation.

Thanks for the offer if I can find a TT 2 live for 236pounds i'll be in touch.

Dranddad:

it's your money of course, but you're having your leg lifted at that price!

When in 2013 I bought my B&M2 for my 2012 Qubo there were plenty of sellers asking £300-- but there were also plenty, including main dealers like Sturgess , selling them for £199.99, new with free p&p. That's what I bought. I'd try Sturgess (advertise on here in traders section) and see what they can do for you (Neil is usually very good on prices).

My B&M 2 packed in after a couple of years. In that time I'd forked out extra cost for updated mapping, extra for speed cameras, and my LIVE services had expired, but to renew was eye-wateringly expensive.

As for your "trouble free", have you read the tales of woe on here re B&M updates? Once you "get it", it's easy enough- but most have been thru hell before getting to that point of nirvana where they just breeze thru the latest update!

Buy a B&M2 and you're buying (a) an old design, small size 4.3" unit (TomTom 1000) just gussied up a bit for FIAT group vehicles (b) a unit that will cost the earth to keep updating and (3) an out of date operating system in B&M, FIAT have dumped B&M in favour of Udate or whatever it's called now (OK, I know it's called Uconnect!)

I replaced my B&M2 with a Start50. I got it brand new,free post, for £60, with full Europe mapping,free mapping updates for life; it has no LIVE but I rarely used it anyway, speed cameras availablealso with cheaper offers.I never used the ecodrive on the B&M2 satnav, as if you do, you can't see the GPS- stupid or what? The Start is bigger, I hate the mount but hey-ho, can't have everything, and I don't actually MISS any of the B&M connectivity....

It's naturally up to you, but that's my personal experience fwiw

Well I went down the TomTom Blue and me route. :)

Better still as I'm well loved by the family my son even bought it for me as a present.

The thought of cables running round the interior of the cabin plus sticky suckers on the windscreen horrifies me, must come from being a chauffeur for so many years.

The 68R dash mount in the Qubo is just the ticket.

Phillip. (y)

Could say, 'Proper Job'......with a Somerset Accent if I could.....
Whatever floats your vote......I'm the same with Dash Cams, hate them stuck on, so mine is the 'fitted' over rear view mirror type............nice & neat.
Cheers Qube O,

Back