Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Currently reading:
Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Ok guys I looked at Danny8oys Grande today because unfortunately the proxi-alignment didnt keep the system active after 24 hours. The Body computer had lost communication with the convergence unit (blue and me ecu) and this had then lost communication with the instrument cluster. Unfortunately the system remained active all day, so further live testing was not possible. All the can line wiring was checked as it the B CAN has a dedicated set of wires for the body computer/radio/convergence unit, (including terminal security). We also had a new software update cd delivered on Monday (5.10), this has an update for the body computer software which MAY cure this fault, so this has been carried out as well. We have arranged to be in contact with the customer as soon as the fault either reoccurs or an extended time with no problems has occurred. Customers car is low mileage and we also have another car to look at next week, so any fix will be supplied to Fiat and the forum.

okay im now losing paitence with my blue&me... it has decided to stop working entirely.....

i can play CDs and the steering wheel controls work for them, but plug in my ipod which has been working okay this week, and it seemed to have crashed, if i press the menu button NOTHING happens...

ive phoned my fiat dealer and they dont have a clue....

can i reset the system? how do i do it?

any tips?

Ok is the phone function operating ok? If so its likely to be a media related problem, if you can put some mp3 files on a usb stick then try that this will prove if its an issue with the ipod or car. I suspect that the usb stick will not be read, if this is correct the dealer can do what is called a forced restart procedure to basically kick start the convergence unit into life again. If this does not rectify the fault then its highly likely the convergence unit has a problem and will need replacing. If you contact your dealer they will be able to prove this by trying your ipod in one of their cars to prove the ipod is ok. Let them know of this procedure as its not widely known,its in the configuration section of the examiner software for the convergence unit. Good Luck.

no, the phone function is not working either......

its basically just all vanished....

well ive fixed it, i updated the blue&me with the message reader stuff and then unplugged the car battery and turned it all back on and its working again.....

dont want to do this every month though..

well ive fixed it, i updated the blue&me with the message reader stuff and then unplugged the car battery and turned it all back on and its working again.....

dont want to do this every month though..

Its interesting you say that, I installed the msg reader too and now my B&M behaves alot better, my crap phone is still questionable but the cars systems are working fine, does anyone know if it updates other features and settings aswell?

NEW2FIAT - Mine does the same thing, its a bit odd but I doubt there is anything that can be done, I just usually select tracks through Genres on the voice control.

thanks auto_blanco...I did wonder if it was just me!

I wondered if it was playing it in some order depending on the ID3 tags, but I've checked and double checked and B&M does just seem to choose which track to play next in no particular order.

It's certainly something I can live with...I'm just glad my B&M hasn't crashed for several months now!

Hi,

Just purchased a 56 plate punto sporting but every time i make a call from the car the receiver of the call can hardly hear me, does any body know why or if i can increase the microphone sesitivity?

Hello,

I just picked up my new Grande Punto and i am extremely dissapointed in the mediaplayer part of Blue and me. I tried to connect my ipod, and although i do get sound, there is absolutely no possibility to use the functionality of the ipod. no playlist, no updating of songs on the ipods. **** system, can't believe that Fiat puts this on the market.

I will have to spend another 300 euro's on an icelink...

"Ok guys I looked at Danny8oys Grande today because unfortunately the proxi-alignment didnt keep the system active after 24 hours. The Body computer had lost communication with the convergence unit (blue and me ecu) and this had then lost communication with the instrument cluster. Unfortunately the system remained active all day, so further live testing was not possible. All the can line wiring was checked as it the B CAN has a dedicated set of wires for the body computer/radio/convergence unit, (including terminal security). We also had a new software update cd delivered on Monday (5.10), this has an update for the body computer software which MAY cure this fault, so this has been carried out as well. We have arranged to be in contact with the customer as soon as the fault either reoccurs or an extended time with no problems has occurred. Customers car is low mileage and we also have another car to look at next week, so any fix will be supplied to Fiat and the forum."

Ok the customer has just called me to confirm the system is fixed and has had no problems in the last ten days, (the fault was previously occurring everyday), so I will send a report to Fiat and advise members with this fault to print out this fix and take it to their dealers to repair.

Re: Blue & Me & Ipod

Hi
I bought an Eleganza this week and like you cannot get my 30gb Ipod to be recognised - just says "Media Not found" - You can apparantly change AAC music files which are Ipod files I think to MP3 and there is software free on line but I`m not that brave to try as it might stop my Ipod working!!

I can see that some people are getting theirs to work which surpises me as I thought an Ipod is an Ipod if one works should they not all work? - I am very confused by all of this - I thought of buying another MP3 player but then that may not be compatable - My Sony Ericsson K810i is also an MP3 player and the bluetooth does not even recognise this either - what do you do??

I am never surprised at problems with new technology - there is always teething problems and glitches but how frustrating - even the Fiat Dealer has no idea when I went back to see them - if they don`t know who does.

Anyone out there - Help!!!

Re: Blue & Me & Ipod

You can apparantly change AAC music files which are Ipod files I think to MP3 and there is software free on line but I`m not that brave to try as it might stop my Ipod working!!

Ian,

There's no need for special software for "unprotected" tracks (one's you've created from a CD) iTunes will allow you to copy these from AAC to MP3. Try converting a small selection and see if B&M then picks them up.

By the way - if you have a USB pen drive you could try putting some MP3 files on that and see if that works.

Good luck.

Rob

I've sat here and read back through the entire thread....

No one seems to have a LG K800 'Chocolate' phone. I do, it worked brilliantly up untill tonight when I installed the SMS Reader update.

Yes I followed the instructions perfectly. I re-paired the phone, says connected to Blue&Me car says welcome, but then the phone does a sort of reboot thing - dropping the connection making Blue&Me go 'No Bluetooth'.

I tried two friends phones, they connected fine. SMS reader didn't work, but calls were able to be made fine.

Am not fussed about the SMS reader, but the phone reboots as such so I can't even make phone calls.

I've reinstalled the SMS update. Re-paired phone, checked settings on phone, don't know how to update flash/firmware.

Wish I hadn't updated it now.. anyone else here got a LG K800 Chocolate? :cry:

Hi GP's

Recently picked up a Grande Punto - Active Punto (hence the user name) and have got the Blue & Me installed along with the USB as this was not standard.

Now I seem to have different features to the Sporting version such as, I have a blue button next to the steering wheel that I press to answer calls and connect my phone via bluetooth etc.

I dont have the button that activates the voice thing and dont know how to download my phonebook.?? I have found this website quite helpful for other little things, could anyone help me out with this? Can my version only do so much or do I not know how to do it? :( :idea:

Please help..........
Many thanks
Chris_active sport

Has anyone managed to get the message reader working on an Orange SPVM700 (smartphone). The phone funcationality works great just no message reader.

Works fine on my K800i with both functions.

Cheers

Hello, I'm having problems with my phone and blue&me. I have the Samsung D900 and when I transfer the phonebook to the car, all the names go into sub-categories and seem to have an 's' before them, e.g. House becomes 'shouse'.

I tried sending them individually as business cards but after doing some, the phonebook still appears blank. I know this phone isn't on the list, but the D600 and D500 are and this, IIRC, is just a slimmer, newer model...

Blue and Me problem

Have been playing with the Blue and Me feature and have to say it is pretty amazing. I am having one problem though and wonder if anyone can help.

I am using a Sony Ericsson K800i and when I either turn off the bluetooth on the phone or walk away from the car I still have the headphone symbol on the phone screen. When I go to dial a number it doesn't seem to work though the other persons phone does actually ring ( I can still receive incoming calls). So I need to reboot the phone to be able to use it again.

Is there a way to disconnect the phone from the Blue and Me system?

Any Ideas????

Thanks

Re: Blue and Me problem

I have the same problem with 1 of my phones and its the phone not the car, its an SE K something or other.....I just click the battery out and restart it lol, my older SE K something or other works fine though.....Im just going to get a Nokia and all will be well, unfortunately it is a phone software problem

Hi there,

I bought my Grange Punto Sporting 1.4 16v a few weeks ago and i've got no problems with using my phone (Sony Ericsson K800i), but i do have a lot of problems with my iPods (1 x 2GB iPod Nano, 1 x 30GB iPod Video).

A lot of times the Blue&Me just won't recognise that i've got my iPod connected to the USB port, and then when it does recognise it (and it's spent hours importing the 30GB iPod's media library) it won't play the tracks in the correct album order- it just plays them alphabetically :bang:. Now, i REALLY enjoy my music and i've got a lot of it so i'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get my 350+ albums to play their tracks in the correct order.

Both iPods are Windows-formatted and all music is 192kbps MP3 (except for a couple of tracks which use VBR and therefore the bitrate is a little higher).

I will much obliged if someone knows an answer to this problem! :worship:

Back