Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Currently reading:
Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Re: Blue & Me - Tech Info

The link to the compatibility list, whilst useful, doesn't seem to lead to the same list as following the links on the Fiat.com website. The individual phone listings come up in Italian buit are not hard to interpret if you don't speak it e.g. if it says SMS along with Si or No you can probably work it out ! The SMS doesn't work on my O2 XDA miniS but then the Fiat website says it won't :cry: (it's under Imate Kjam if you have one).
Also, is it me or does the car take a while to talk to the phone? I find I have to leave the ignition key in the "MAR" position (ie on) until the bluetooth icon appears in the dash. If I just just start up and drive off, it thinks the phone is not connected and doesn't appear to continually search for Bluetooth devices.

Re: Playlists/albums

Does anybody know how to get Blue&ME to recognise playlists or albums. I converted a load of songs in playlists in iTunes to Mp3 and then dragged them into individual folders on my USB flash drive marked up as the album name/artist, but B&ME only recognised about 3 of them and when I press next on the steering wheel it jumps to the next album rather than the next track? mmm?? Any suggestions?

hey guys...right after a load of hassle with phones breaking etc iv finally got lifeline to give me a new phone the Nokia 6233. now iv got the exact same problem as spacecowboy that it pairs up fine...but when i try and download the phonebook it disconnects for some odd reason! now i cud send bs cards but iv got about 200 contacts. would take 4eva! can any1 shed any light plz? cheers jskn

Hi
just joined forum
having problems with Blue & Me (who isn't?) Using a Nokia 6230i
worked perfectly for a few weeks then the volume dropped way off so i can hear perfectly but the person I'm calling can barely hear me ("like i'm at the end of a tunnel!")
anyone else have this problem?

not impressed with their iPod support, was guaranteed by the dealer that it would work with an iPod but it won;t, i had to buy an ice-link (Dension) to get the iPod working with it, now it works really well. incidentally my CD player won't play mp3 CDs, also was promised it would but has anyone else had this problem? looks like a trip back to Fiat is on the horizon

any ideas on the volume problem?

higginst

jskn said:
hey guys...right after a load of hassle with phones breaking etc iv finally got lifeline to give me a new phone the Nokia 6233. now iv got the exact same problem as spacecowboy that it pairs up fine...but when i try and download the phonebook it disconnects for some odd reason! now i cud send bs cards but iv got about 200 contacts. would take 4eva! can any1 shed any light plz? cheers jskn

That was the only solution in the end mate, pain in the rear I know, but I just sat in the car, slapped a cd on, and spent an hour sending business cards.....

well i bit the bullet and did wt u sed....but gtta say...wasnt best plzed! lol....but also...everytime i go in the car it ses sycronisation nt done or somethin! y doesnt it jst wrk nicely? lol

Hi,

I have purchased a GP 1.2 Dynamic with Sykdome & New Orleans Blue paint.

Awaiting delivery date!

I never chose the option of Bluetooth media kit.

Does anybody know if i will have a USB port as Standard?

Jobling1983 said:
Hi,

I have purchased a GP 1.2 Dynamic with Sykdome & New Orleans Blue paint.

Awaiting delivery date!

I never chose the option of Bluetooth media kit.

Does anybody know if i will have a USB port as Standard?

No the USB port is for blue&me, there may be a dealer diagnostic usb port, but as far as you are concerned, that does nothing. Blue&me is very good, don't know how much it is a option though.

Hi guys! Since a week I have a Grande Punto Edizione Blue & Me. The system worked pretty well, but suddenly today my car's phonebook memory was empty. I tried to register my phone (a Sony Ericsson W800i) again, but with no result: it starts copying the phonebook, but after a short period of time, when I try to make a call, I get the message that the memory is empty. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? :confused:

anyone managed to get this working with a Sony Ericsson P900??

Mine goes through the pairing process - to the point where I enter the PIN and the phone says 'bonding complete' and P900 appears on the car's multifunction display. However, if I try and do anything from there, it just says 'no phone connected' and sends me an angry beep.

It doesn't say complete on the screen or ask about the phonebook, but does say P900.

Any ideas?

I have a Zen Sleek MP3 player which will not work with GP and Blue and Me, has anyone else had this problem?

Two quick questions:

1. How do I find the pin number to connect my phone to Blue & Me? Is it the radio code?

2. My iPod only plays WMA songs, not ones saved in Apple format. Is this right?

Thanks. :)

Ben H said:
Two quick questions:

1. How do I find the pin number to connect my phone to Blue & Me? Is it the radio code?

2. My iPod only plays WMA songs, not ones saved in Apple format. Is this right?

Thanks. :)

1. Press the phone key while parked up, go to settings and then pairing. Your Blue&Me Biatch will tell you to scan on your phone for new devices and then display the pin on your LCD Display. Once your phone finds "Blue&Me" try and pair it and it will ask for the pin just type it in and then its done :D. It may then try to copy your phone book its hit or miss weither it works or not. Works perfect on my Sony Erricson W800i

2. Yes only files it will play are Mp3 and WMA not dirty Apple format.

Hope that helps (y)

Got into my GP on Wednesday night and tried to use the phone "searching for connection, try again later" it would not play at any price, tried everything to no avail.
Friday night sat in the car tried pairing and it worked like aa dream!, Fiat electrickery or Windows jiggerypokery??:confused:

I'd agree with Chris on the fact that the pairing seems to expire after a certain amount of time. I didn't use mine for a while because I was away and then had to do the pairing again. That makes about the fourth time!

I have the bluetooth phone system (not blue & me) and for months it has been totally pissing me off while using it with my Sony Ericsson K750i cos it would only work when it wants to. So many of times I've went to phone someone only to be greeted by the women saying 'searching for connection....'. Annoying as hell!!!

Now I've got the new K800i it works like a dream and have had no bother at all. It now works like it should do. Obviously it was some kind of compatibility issue. Perhaps if there was more support available people like me wouldn't have had to suffer for so long!

Did you do any updates on your k750?
Early versions of the firmware were full of problems regarding bluetooth but the problems were fixed with the updates.

Jim-Armao said:
Did you do any updates on your k750?
Early versions of the firmware were full of problems regarding bluetooth but the problems were fixed with the updates.

:yeahthat:

I had intermittent problems on my Sony Erricson W800i where the phone would crash when the car did intesnive things like load phone book :rolleyes:. I updated the firmware off the Sony Erricson site and all was well :D.

Back