Blue&Me & Symbian^3

Currently reading:
Blue&Me & Symbian^3

Does anyone have any experience using Blue & Me with the latest wave of Symbian^3-based devices from Nokia, ie N8, E7, C7 etc?

I have a loan car from my dealer while awaiting delivery of my replacement Evo and the Blue & Me system in this Grande Punto loan car will not connect to my N8. I am concerned that I will be facing the same problems with my Evo when I get it in a couple weeks time so thought perhaps I would post here asking for feedback from anyone familiar with B&M and Symbian^3.

I am told by the dealer that the vehicle is already running B&M 5.5 but attempted to install the 5.5 release anyway but it constantly fails. Am about to try once more using another USB stick. Not holding my breath though.

Woohoo, managed to install the 5.5 update (using a USB stick from Nokia) and my phone connected first time. Didn't realise the car was so picky about the manufacturer of USB Stick!

Job's a goodun! (y)

So, B&M 5.5 is compatible with S^3 other than the message reader, but I've never had a compatible phone for that since B&M came out, so not that worried any more.

Last edited:
Back