Blue&Me Resetting mid-travel?

Currently reading:
Blue&Me Resetting mid-travel?

Blank2k2

Established member
as normal, i listen to music from my memory stick which just stays in the car unless im uploading from ecodrive to laptop.

Recently i've found that after 10-15 minutes of driving, my music stops & it goes to CD, phone appears to be disconnected etc... a few mins later it comes back "EcoDrive USB" "O2 Mobile" & plays from the first song on the usb stick etc, its as if the Blue&Me is rebooting itself.

on a trip to Manchester recently it actually restarted 3 times on the way up, then it settled & stayed fine for the rest of the trip, then on the return trip it reset once & then stayed fine.

And another side note, it seems random, but some times i get out of the car do my shopping etc, come back & its playing the first song from my USB Stick rather than continuing where it left off.... Very annoying, But whenever i try to show anyone it resumes where it left off :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yep, we have exactly the same problem with our Bravo, never had it on my 500 , if I hear the intro to super massive black hole one more time i'm gonna scream! every single time it plays the first song on the usb stick

Yep, we have exactly the same problem with our Bravo, never had it on my 500 , if I hear the intro to super massive black hole one more time i'm gonna scream! every single time it plays the first song on the usb stick

Yup! its getting on my tits, i had my blue&me control unit replaced a few weeks ago due to satnav not working properly, im wondering if they've ball'd something up and/or wondering if its a simple oh just press xx buttons for 3 seconds or swap this plug with this plug job, realllllly dont wanna goto the dealership again & be without a car for a day, they've had the car longer than i have!

Yup! its getting on my tits, i had my blue&me control unit replaced a few weeks ago due to satnav not working properly, im wondering if they've ball'd something up and/or wondering if its a simple oh just press xx buttons for 3 seconds or swap this plug with this plug job, realllllly dont wanna goto the dealership again & be without a car for a day, they've had the car longer than i have!

I'm glad someone has mentioned this as i thought it was just mine! With my Evo, i have my USB plugged in and like yours, it plays the 1st song on the memory stick! Also, when driving along listening to the USB, the song will suddenly stop and go straight to radio but i've never noticed the Blue & me disconnecting. The problem i have is that when i scroll through the menu to play my music again, it reads "no source available" and will not reset unless the engine is turned off and restarting!

Does anybody else have this kind of problem?

I'm popping to my local dealer shortly as my boot is damp and letting in water from underneath so i might mention it. The dealer seems to have seen more of my car than i have at the moment!

I'm glad someone has mentioned this as i thought it was just mine! With my Evo, i have my USB plugged in and like yours, it plays the 1st song on the memory stick! Also, when driving along listening to the USB, the song will suddenly stop and go straight to radio but i've never noticed the Blue & me disconnecting. The problem i have is that when i scroll through the menu to play my music again, it reads "no source available" and will not reset unless the engine is turned off and restarting!

Does anybody else have this kind of problem?

I'm popping to my local dealer shortly as my boot is damp and letting in water from underneath so i might mention it. The dealer seems to have seen more of my car than i have at the moment!

Much the same, though i havent had to restart the car to get my music back i dont think.. but it i am getting alot of listening to Track #51 (Example)... then suddenly stops, goes back to CD/Radio, everythings disconnected (phone/ecodrive).

5minutes later it reconnects, screen says my mobiles name / "ECODRIVE USB IN" & Music returns on Track #1

then it could be fine for the rest of the trip, or 10 minutes later it'll do the same thing again!

I've got a more worrying problem atm, so i'll phone the dealership on monday & get it booked it, will certainly point out the blue&me system and tell them i want it fixed, id suggest u do the same :)

My cars been at the Dealership way too much so far, i'll start asking for courtesy cars etc next time, usually im light hearted over it all but its starting to take the **** now, especially my latest problem (its on Evo forum) could be more serious than just my music stopping... which is the reason i bought a new car, so i didnt have to worry about the thing going wrong when im away from home.

I had a similar problem to the OP in my Fiat 500. Much searching on the internet didn't reveal a solution. I too got sick of the first track after the 10th time it repeated itself.

Trial and error led me to disable the EcoDrive option and now everything is working perfectly. And that is with a PNY 8GB micro USB stick pretty much full of tracks.

I had a similar problem to the OP in my Fiat 500. Much searching on the internet didn't reveal a solution. I too got sick of the first track after the 10th time it repeated itself.

Trial and error led me to disable the EcoDrive option and now everything is working perfectly. And that is with a PNY 8GB micro USB stick pretty much full of tracks.

Interesting, i was wondering if the EcoDrive could be screwing with things as i'm sure i didn't notice this problem after i got the car back from the dealer when the B&M Unit was replaced... was 2-3 days where i didnt bother installing EcoDrive.

The cars at the dealership now, and the master tech is prodding it, if he comes up clueless ill disable ecodrive.... he did point out B&M has issues with memory sticks over 2gb and it'd be better to use 2gb, but he admited that probably wasnt the problem. (luckily, otherwise id of labeled him as a quack n taken it to another dealership :rolleyes:)... that said, i might try a 2gb stick and see if it performs better, only got about 500megs of music on there atm anyway.

Last edited:
Got car back from dealership.

Been told that Fiat posted a report theres a conflict between Blue&Me TomTom & EcoDrive when installed, and the dealership will recieve a USB Stick within the next few days with the updated software & that also means website should be updated with new files imminently.

Been told that Fiat posted a report theres a conflict between Blue&Me TomTom & EcoDrive when installed, and the dealership will recieve a USB Stick within the next few days with the updated software & that also means website should be updated with new files imminently.

Have you had the updated software yet?

I called into my local dealer the other day to tell them i'm getting fed up of the system resetting itself and he explained that i had to format my USB stick and make sure that from Windows Media Player on my computer, that every field (ie: track title, artist, album etc) is filled in otherwise it may reset mid flow. It seems an absolutely ridiculous way of doing things as the Grande i had had no problems whatsoever.

I've formatted my USBN like they've said and it seems okay at the moment but when driving into work this morning, halfway through a song, the Blue and Me reset itself! It's driving me crazy although i haven't tried uninstalling the eco drive but will do if this solves the problem although i don't see why i shouldf have to!

I called into my local dealer the other day to tell them i'm getting fed up of the system resetting itself and he explained that i had to format my USB stick and make sure that from Windows Media Player on my computer, that every field (ie: track title, artist, album etc) is filled in otherwise it may reset mid flow. It seems an absolutely ridiculous way of doing things as the Grande i had had no problems whatsoever.

I've formatted my USB like they've said and it seems okay at the moment but when driving into work this morning, halfway through a song, the Blue and Me reset itself! It's driving me crazy although i haven't tried uninstalling the eco drive but will do if this solves the problem although i don't see why i should have to!

I've formatted my USB like they've said and it seems okay at the moment but when driving into work this morning, halfway through a song, the Blue and Me reset itself! It's driving me crazy although i haven't tried uninstalling the eco drive but will do if this solves the problem although i don't see why i should have to!

Nope, i've heard bugger all, I might phone the dealership soon and ask when this update is ment to be going live.

Personally what i've done is just gone into the Eco Drive menu & turned it Off, seems work though i havent had my memory stick in the car this week so havent tested it properly... shall make sure i put my stick in next time i go out, Dealership said uninstalling ecodrive or uninstalling the tomtom would fix the problem officially, but just turning off ecodrive seems to do me for the moment.

I just had a phone call from my dad (isnt technical minded when it comes to Blue&Me etc), saying "theres a message from simonstone on his answering machine saying something about a new blue&me unit thats being tested with new bits in it, and hes awaiting the new part number. once he gets it hes going to order it & give me a ring"

Dad said it sounded like a new control unit, but it could just be a new patch & my dads misunderstood, i shall listen to the message myself on friday & update.

I had the same problems with my Blue & Me, with an 8GB stick.. I thought that this was happening because it was a cheap 8GB stick so the read speed of the files was too slow and it reset itself, but after buying a faster stick it was still happening...
I got fed up and bought an iPhone adaptor (£70 what???) quite expensive
Now i don't have any problems whatsoever.. It's a good investment.

Well this answer machine message, says Fiat are doing a new control unit with the new software installed and hes awaiting a part number so he can order it.

Also for now, disabling Eco-Drive (I.e Voice menu > "Eco Drive" > "Off") appears to have solved it, but yeah my ecodrive is disabled so its not the prefered option but i can now listen to music without it restarting.

Back