[Blue & Me iPod Adapter] shuffle & playlist functionality

Currently reading:
[Blue & Me iPod Adapter] shuffle & playlist functionality

stijnr

Hi all,

I've got a Fiat GP of almost a year old. My Blue&Me is fully functional (I didn't install the SMS reader) and I installed EcoDrive (which might have updated my BM, I don't know).

My iPod Classic 80GB is filled with about 50GB of MP3's (all with ID3 tags).
I can browse and play all the files from my iPod just fine, but the I think the shuffle function is really crappy. It mainly plays tracks from a set of about 15 artists, with an occasional other track.

Another feature that would be useful is to play in shuffle mode, and if you hear a song you like you would turn off shuffle and BM would play from that artist/album onward (a Panasonic car radio works like this).

Would the iPod Adapter fix these problems?

Am I to understand that in my current situation BM builds it's own index based on the ID3 tags, uses it's own shuffle functionality to select a random track from it's index, and plays the track itself by reading the file from the iPod (as external disc)?

What would the iPod Adapter change? Would BM directly call the Apple API to select a random track and use the API to play the track? The output of the iPod would thus be an audio stream, and not a file? This would mean shuffle would improve, and selecting playlists would also work. Also, there would be no delay for building the index.

Is this correct, can anyone confirm this?

As I read the information on the Fiat site (http://fiat.com/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/FIAT_COM/blueme/blueme.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0652229212.1280996779@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadeldmkdifhcefecejgdfkhdfjj.0&+categoryOID=-1073821547&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&contentOID=1074620773&Failed_Reason=Invalid+timestamp,+engine+has+been+restarted&Failed_Page=/FIAT_COM/blueme/blueme.jsp), I also thought of something else:

Would ecoDrive still be able to use the iPod (Classic) with the adapter as an external disc to write its data to?

Back