Blue&me and IPhone without adaptor

Currently reading:
Blue&me and IPhone without adaptor

rob111gb

Here it goes! It seems to have taken for ever but success! :)

The problem is the car will not recognise my phone, play music and will not charge, as I work for BSM I refuse paying fiat stupid money just to charge my phone and were going back to corsas anyway!

First of all I had to jailbreak the phone, just google how to do it if your unsure! It was probably the best thing I done! So many more options to make your phone more usable!

Then use cydia app to find an app called USB drive (again if in duobt just google 'cyida USB drive' for how to guides) What it does is separate space within the phone memory and sets it up like a windows flash drive. So all you need to do is drag and drop music on it!

The blue&me socket will recognise the phone as a windows product and load up the music and charge the phone! :)

With the jailbroken phone you could download the tomtom app for free, but the next problem is it's difficult to hear the instructions the tomtom is giving you! Soooooo, if you again go in to cydia and download Bluetooth mono sbsettings, what it will do is stop your music and give the instructions via the Bluetooth, cut off and resume the music! But please make sure that the Bluetooth is connected first before switching the mono Bluetooth on! It saves alot of head scratching! The mono setting is not great sound quality but good enough for the navigation person to screem at you to do an illegal u-turn! Lol!

And to finish the job one of my students kindly gave me the fiat iPod holder (as it wasn't a good fit in his punto), so I took the base off, put two grooves in it to store majority of the cable in so it looks all nice'n'neat! :)

I have had the car for nearly a year now and just only discovered how to do it all, thanks to the guys on this forum and goggle (how did we live without it before! Lol)

I'm sure that I'm certainly not the first person to do this, sorry if this post looks like a repeat of someone elses, but if you have any questions just ping an e-mail to [email protected]!

So onto the next project! iPhone and message reader function! If yous have any ideas for that please please email, as I'm sure the misses is gonna devorce me soon if I keep this up! Lol

Robbie Bruce BSM
(tech stuff, using iPhone 4, iOS 4.2, redsnow tethered jailbreak, updated blue&me but not new enough to be compatible with apple! And that's in a 500 sport!)

Nice'n'tidy with the fiat ipod holder! Pain on the arse to text when its in the holder!

Unfortunately this did not work for my iphone 3g. It was probably due to the USB drive app itself which for one reason or another did not change the drive settings of the iphone - instead showing a load symbol for over an hour:mad:

Back