Blue and me gone ?

Currently reading:
Blue and me gone ?

Swift87

Prob a millionth time repost, but tried to search with no avail.

Tried to update B&M to latest version. Extracted files to index of fresh formatted usb pen.

Said updating, then after 5 mins or so said restarting.

CD play kicks in but no B&M

restarted car but still nothing.. none of the B&M buttons on the steering wheel do anything. Apart from the up and down ones which is changing the track / radio station.

Any ideas ?

Have continued my search on here and have seen other users have also had this problem.. currently have disconnected battery will wait to see if this solves the problem.

cheers guys..

bricked it now then. take it its a back to shop job then ?

Fully disconnect, or just the negative? Tried just the neg for just over half hour but no luck

Tried updating after disconnecting the negative. No response. Trip to a dealer me thinks lol. Reckon it's worth fully disconnecting battery ?

Word of warning regarding Blue&Me updating. If it goes wrong you are on your own as far as Fiat 's concerned.
I had a perfectly useable Blue&Me system for 26 months. Calls and text message reader, and music all worked perfectly without a glitch.
Decided to buy an iPhone (big mistake) as I needed to download latest softweare version from Fiat website. This is did and extracted it to a newly fully formatted Fat 32 pendrive. The same pendrive I had been using to play music and had used to update to the message reader.
Plugged pendrive into my car and started the update procedure. After some 5 minutes got the dreaded USB Error 10 message and now I have absolutley no Blue&Me functionality. Tried again several times using different pendrives, all with no success. I contacted Fiat customer services who advsied me to take it to local Fiat dealership and if it was a software issue Fiat would probably pay for the Blue&Me reset.
To cut along story short. Fiat dealership in Motherwell had the car hooked up to diagnostics set for 8 hours yesteday, taking advice from Fiat technical in Italy, it could not be reset. Upshot is my convergence unit is facked and they want £1000 to replace it!!!! Fiat now are not interested cos they say it was my fault. I am apparently incompetent when it comes to downloading and installing software!! Wish the Fiat website had a disclaimer about this. However, it does not so I am taking legal advice.
So be warned. Do an update before end of your two year warranty period.

Word of warning regarding Blue&Me updating. If it goes wrong you are on your own as far as Fiat 's concerned.
I had a perfectly useable Blue&Me system for 26 months. Calls and text message reader, and music all worked perfectly without a glitch.
Decided to buy an iPhone (big mistake) as I needed to download latest softweare version from Fiat website. This is did and extracted it to a newly fully formatted Fat 32 pendrive. The same pendrive I had been using to play music and had used to update to the message reader.
Plugged pendrive into my car and started the update procedure. After some 5 minutes got the dreaded USB Error 10 message and now I have absolutley no Blue&Me functionality. Tried again several times using different pendrives, all with no success. I contacted Fiat customer services who advsied me to take it to local Fiat dealership and if it was a software issue Fiat would probably pay for the Blue&Me reset.
To cut along story short. Fiat dealership in Motherwell had the car hooked up to diagnostics set for 8 hours yesteday, taking advice from Fiat technical in Italy, it could not be reset. Upshot is my convergence unit is facked and they want £1000 to replace it!!!! Fiat now are not interested cos they say it was my fault. I am apparently incompetent when it comes to downloading and installing software!! Wish the Fiat website had a disclaimer about this. However, it does not so I am taking legal advice.
So be warned. Do an update before end of your two year warranty period.
Also had to pay £86 for the privilege of being told my kit is screwed.

Prob a millionth time repost, but tried to search with no avail.

Tried to update B&M to latest version. Extracted files to index of fresh formatted usb pen.

Said updating, then after 5 mins or so said restarting.

CD play kicks in but no B&M

restarted car but still nothing.. none of the B&M buttons on the steering wheel do anything. Apart from the up and down ones which is changing the track / radio station.

Any ideas ?

I was fooled also by the restarting message mate... Feel pretty stupid, after years of flashing PC mobos...

Anyway, my B&M unit is also dead. Went to the dealership, they tried to flash it but no luck at all. They did gave up and said it needs a new unit. I am under warranty, but it came to my understing that they are not going to cover it because I did the updating myself (never told them, that it was my mistake) Ofcourse I did told them that FIAT is providing the software freely for everyone to update so they should cover me no matter what, otherwise they should put a disclaimer. They promised to discuss it with the technical manager.

I do get the Error 10, when trying to flash the thing. But few minutes ago a did tried and successfully installed the English language pack. So the unit is still flashable... and I am suspecting that it gives an error 10, because we try to load the same version AGAIN. Fiat says that u cannot downgrade ur unit... or probably load it with the same version (even if its not successfully loaded). So the unit MAY become alive with a NEW VERSION...

Anyway, the biggest problem so far, is that I cannot find B&M modules at ebay... (n)

I was fooled also by the restarting message mate... Feel pretty stupid, after years of flashing PC mobos...

Anyway, my B&M unit is also dead. Went to the dealership, they tried to flash it but no luck at all. They did gave up and said it needs a new unit. I am under warranty, but it came to my understing that they are not going to cover it because I did the updating myself (never told them, that it was my mistake) Ofcourse I did told them that FIAT is providing the software freely for everyone to update so they should cover me no matter what, otherwise they should put a disclaimer. They promised to discuss it with the technical manager.

I do get the Error 10, when trying to flash the thing. But few minutes ago a did tried and successfully installed the English language pack. So the unit is still flashable... and I am suspecting that it gives an error 10, because we try to load the same version AGAIN. Fiat says that u cannot downgrade ur unit... or probably load it with the same version (even if its not successfully loaded). So the unit MAY become alive with a NEW VERSION...

Anyway, the biggest problem so far, is that I cannot find B&M modules at ebay... (n)

There is a newer version 5_5_01. I tried it and still get USB Error 10. I also did manage to flash the English language pack. So as you say it is still flashable. I also get the Ecodrive On message when I tart the car but absoluely no Blue&Me functions. I am just going out to remove the convergence unit to see what it looks like.

Actually thats the version that I did flash it... and there isn't anything newer for me to try, so I 'll just have to wait unless they put it under warranty (fingers crossed)

Sorry, I never thought it may have been that version. I originally flashed the previous version and it caused the problem so thought I would try the newer 5 version. It made no difference so not sure a newer software version is going to work. I removed the convergence unit and it looks like a cheapo computer PCi sound card. Probably costs only a few quid to manufacture, so for Fiat to be looking to charge me £1000 to change it they are having a laugh and taking the ****. I'll just have to live without the bluetooth as getting rid of car pretty soon. Will make it more difficult to sell it privately though. Could you keep us posted as to your progress with Fiat?

Back