blue and me 5.4 updating problems

Currently reading:
blue and me 5.4 updating problems

ianoel

hi all,

sorry to post another thread but i have searched for an answer to no avail.

i have a 4gb freecom usb stick that is formatted to fat32. i have copied the files to the stick, got in my 57 plate bravo (only picked up from dealer yesterday) but the stick in the slot, turned ignition to MAR and i get the message update started with audible confirmation, after a few seconds i get update failed (usb error 10) on the dash and audible message saying check contents on memory stick.

any thoughts on what the problem is? is it possible to check the current version already installed? although i believe if 5.4 was on there anyway it would just overwrite.

i have also checked the log.txt and it states usb error - 02

pls help :)

thanks for your assistance, i downloaded the new version 5.4.11 and it seems to have worked now.

Log file after a successfull 5.4.11

Device ID: 0x0014 0910 5907

Detected:
Build = 9096
Hw = C1
P_Img = 1

9096_P

SMS_r update step 1 done...

Device ID: 0x0014 0910 5907

Detected:
Build = 9096
Hw = C1
P_Img = 1

9096_P

Updated to: BuildNumber = 9096

SMS_r update step 2 done...

Appears soely to be SMS Related.

Hi, where did you get 5.4.11 from ?

I can only find 5.4.09 from the fiat website and I am having the same USB error 10

USB 10 usually goes away with a smaller memory stick or just try again.

http://195.88.6.195/test/download/blue&me/5_4_11_Up_Date_Package_Signed.zip

Thats the link for 5.4.11, currently the FIAT site has the link but thev'e added it to the end of the 5.4.10 link so it doesn't work (PS which says 5.4.09 in the filename :) :))

PS chuck your log file on here if your still getting problems. think its called log.txt or install.log it will open in notepad.

thanks for the link alex! any idea on what it fixes? my iphone randomly stops playing and i have to plug it in again to keep it playing.

So far......I've not had to mess around with it when plugging it in after starting the car. So it might just been some connectivity issues but if you read the update log it seems to suggest it may just be SMS reader updates.

Post yours would you if you do it as I got a USB 10, but popped the USB back in and it seemed to be fine. I'd just like to make sure that it says the same in the log on someone who doesnt get the error.

sorry for the delay, i was away over the break.

anyway, this is my log file output:

Device ID: 0x0014 0911 fe26
Detected:
Build = 9096
Hw = C1
P_Img = 1
9096_P
SMS_r update step 1 done...
Updated to: BuildNumber = 9096
SMS_r update step 2 done...

SMS related? hmm my iphone doesnt support that feature so i may as well not have bothered. but i like upgrading just because i can lol

Hey,
One other thing i noticed is power consumption of my iPhone seems to have reduced also.

Especially now when im using Co-Pilot for a longish (2 hour) journey, the battery stayed charged where previously it would have discharged fully during that journey even plugged in.

I'm having this same issue in my 2010 model. The first time I plugged it in everything worked fine, every time after that it's said it's updating and then failed. As it's a brand new car shouldn't I already have this update everyone's talking about? When I go to fist it says I shouldn't download the update unless I'm having phone issues, which I'm not - so confused :(

5.4 seems a nightmare, I had faultless B&M since July when I had my 500, since I updated a month ago when I installed B&M in wifeys Bravo I've had nothing but trouble, forgetting tracks, I can be listening to MP3 in shuffle but if I try to select a song or album it says no media found, even though its playing!!

the B&M on my Evo wont update either (on .9 or .11)... im not touching the battery as the cars only 2 weeks old.

Its also not connecting to my B&M TomTom, but dealership has said it needs a new B&M Control Unit (hmm..) so im waiting for a call from them on that, after that it'll either work or ill demand they get someone who knows what there doing to sort out the software rather than hacking my new car apart.

Long time reader (for a lot of today), first time poster.

Very recent 500 owner with B&M - 3 days and absolutely loving the car.

Now to the tricky party - Blue&Me! I would've assumed that a car built and bought in the last month was up-to-date with 5.4 but it appears this might not be the case, unless the B&M SatNav or other optional B&M device was installed by the factory.

The saga continues... Being an iPhone 3G owner, I knew what I was getting myself into and was very happy to have it pair without a hitch and the phonebook copying itself across without issue. What is a bit confusing (and please excuse my ignorance) is I'm an MP3 Windows iPhone user so assumed that I could use it as a media player without the adaptor. Not so it would seem...

Anyway, getting to the point, I attempted to run the 5.4.11 update with numerous USB drives (including a brand new one) and all have failed with the Error USB 10 message. I tried a hard reset (disconnected for over 40 mins) but whilst this reset the clock, it didn't unpair the phone and still doesn't let me run the 5.4.11 update.

Log.txt reads:

D9093C11
UPnot

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I attempting the impossible - playing MP3s on an iPhone 3G without the adaptor and what is stopping an update from running at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Long time reader (for a lot of today), first time poster.

Very recent 500 owner with B&M - 3 days and absolutely loving the car.

Now to the tricky party - Blue&Me! I would've assumed that a car built and bought in the last month was up-to-date with 5.4 but it appears this might not be the case, unless the B&M SatNav or other optional B&M device was installed by the factory.

The saga continues... Being an iPhone 3G owner, I knew what I was getting myself into and was very happy to have it pair without a hitch and the phonebook copying itself across without issue. What is a bit confusing (and please excuse my ignorance) is I'm an MP3 Windows iPhone user so assumed that I could use it as a media player without the adaptor. Not so it would seem...

Anyway, getting to the point, I attempted to run the 5.4.11 update with numerous USB drives (including a brand new one) and all have failed with the Error USB 10 message. I tried a hard reset (disconnected for over 40 mins) but whilst this reset the clock, it didn't unpair the phone and still doesn't let me run the 5.4.11 update.

Log.txt reads:

D9093C11
UPnot

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I attempting the impossible - playing MP3s on an iPhone 3G without the adaptor and what is stopping an update from running at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Hello,

I had the same problem. When I formatted my pendrive (do not use bigger than 8 GB) to FAT32 the system sent an error 10. Try to format your pendrive to FAT. That works for me.

Back