General Blown exhaust, undrivable when cold

Currently reading:
General Blown exhaust, undrivable when cold

hanmore

Hi,

I wondered if anybody would be able to shed some light on a problem I get when the weather is very cold.

I've got a petrol multipla and when the weather is cold it always blows the exhaust.

When this happens the pressure escaping through the blown hole seems very strong and no exhaust fumes travel any further down the exhaust than where it has blown.

The car will not run when this has happened, it cuts out straight away.

When the weather warms above freezing the engine will run and the car is drivable, with the exhaust fumes coming out the end of the exhaust as should be.

I have taken the car to the garage to be fixed, but they do not know why the car is undrivable when the weather is cold.

Any advise would be very appreciared

Thank you (y):)

Hi,

I wondered if anybody would be able to shed some light on a problem I get when the weather is very cold.

I've got a petrol multipla and when the weather is cold it always blows the exhaust.

When this happens the pressure escaping through the blown hole seems very strong and no exhaust fumes travel any further down the exhaust than where it has blown.

The car will not run when this has happened, it cuts out straight away.

When the weather warms above freezing the engine will run and the car is drivable, with the exhaust fumes coming out the end of the exhaust as should be.

I have taken the car to the garage to be fixed, but they do not know why the car is undrivable when the weather is cold.

Any advise would be very appreciared

Thank you (y):)

sounds like the silencer may be full of water which is freezing and stopping exhaust gas escaping? this would cause it to choke itself on its own waste gases.

Back