Technical Cold startup

Currently reading:
Technical Cold startup

barryfiatman

We had a problem with fuse 12 which was replaced to restore function of the instruments 2 weeks ago.
BUT, yesterday we went out when the weather was still cold and the car was slow turning but it started.
All the instruments were off and a red temperature light came on with warning sounds followed by all the dash lights coming on and off.
I thought it was telling me not to drive so I waited for about 5 minutes with the engine running, the red light went out so I carried on.
After about 3kms the speedo and fuel gauge came on and everything became normal.
Has the 2005 Multipla got a brain or some software that I dont know about?
I wonder what cars will be like in 2035?
:)

Earth strap from battery to body problem? Not had it but know it comes up as an issue.
Weirdest thing I had was water in fuse box in dash that shorted boards, alarms went off and all sorts of random things.
You could not see anything from the outside of fuse box.

Water was salty and came from a dryer pot someone in the family thought was a good idea ...

Could be the battery getting a bit weak, and the heavy load from the starter in cold
weather is pulling the voltage down below what other systems are happy with.
Though the earth strap and it's connections are a good shout.

Probably used to defrost the windscreen and it ran into places it shouldn't.
We had this happen a couple of times during torrential rain when after the dash instrument went dead.

Back