General Blaupunkt CD/MP3

Currently reading:
General Blaupunkt CD/MP3

diablo_NL

I ordered a Grande Punto Dynamic last week with the CD/MP3 option. Because I have to wait like 2 months for it I deceided to start making MP3 Cd's of my music collection, but I have a question. Can the Blaupunkt MP3 player read Id3 tags and also I would like to know if the player is able to see folders because that would make the organizing process a lot easier. Thanks for the help!:)

Thanks for the fast reply H2DaE! But is there anybody who knows this for sure?:confused:

AppleSei said:
.mp3 mine are all in that format

I think that the technical aspects(not the shape) of the radio in the new Punto are the same as for example the Idea and Panda. It's important because I can't continue now making a nice collection with MP3 because if it's possible I would like to use folders on my CD.

@Bob in disguise, Why you are not using it? :eek: It's great because you can put like about 170 songs on one CD!

diablo_NL said:
@Bob in disguise, Why you are not using it? :eek: It's great because you can put like about 170 songs on one CD!

I've always just plugged my mp3 player into the car and used all the music on that, but now i got to start using the mp3 thingy when i get my punto in a few weeks :eek:

EDIT: was just looking on blaupunkts website and their normal head units say they support varible bit rates so would this mean it play .wma as well as .mp3?

Last edited:
Bob in disguise said:
I've always just plugged my mp3 player into the car and used all the music on that, but now i got to start using the mp3 thingy when i get my punto in a few weeks :eek:

EDIT: was just looking on blaupunkts website and their normal head units say they support varible bit rates so would this mean it play .wma as well as .mp3?

No, variable bitrates is about the quality of the MP3's and doesn't mean it can also play WMA. It should say specificaly that it plays WMA.

The radio's for the Grande punto that has the MP3 option can't play WMA's.;)

Last edited:
H2DaE said:
Sony don't support wma because they didn't invent it :rolleyes: They only support mp3 and ATRAC (The minidisc format) (n)

I wasnt debating...i was stating i had a sony unit :p

Just been reading about the new Blue & Me Bluetooth system that Fiat have been showing at the Geneva Motor Show. http://www.its-gsa.de/blueandme/fiat/Home.aspx

Just wondering, if this is the system that will be fitted to the Sporting as the description sounds very similar to what is in the Grande Punto brochure, if it is then you will be able to plug your MP3 player straight into the car and use the voice controls to access the tracks:cool:

Back