Technical Aux installation and CD error

Currently reading:
Technical Aux installation and CD error

SophieB

Hi guys,
I’ve recently purchased a Fiat Punto to learn to drive in.
Apologies in advance for my lack of correct terminology.
I have installed an aux cable in the back of my radio and I also have the CD pin installed. As far as I’m aware I should now be able to plug my aux cable into my phone and press the CD button on my radio to enable it to play music through the aux. However, my radio always displays the message saying ‘no source available’. In addition to this, my CD player keeps refusing to play CD and says there’s an error. I have removed the radio fuse for 10 minutes and plugged it back in but this didn’t change anything.

I wonder if anyone can see what I’m doing wrong or has any advice as to what I could try in order to get the aux to work?

Many thanks in advance - Sophie

Hi guys,
I’ve recently purchased a Fiat Punto to learn to drive in.
Apologies in advance for my lack of correct terminology.
I have installed an aux cable in the back of my radio and I also have the CD pin installed. As far as I’m aware I should now be able to plug my aux cable into my phone and press the CD button on my radio to enable it to play music through the aux. However, my radio always displays the message saying ‘no source available’. In addition to this, my CD player keeps refusing to play CD and says there’s an error. I have removed the radio fuse for 10 minutes and plugged it back in but this didn’t change anything.

I wonder if anyone can see what I’m doing wrong or has any advice as to what I could try in order to get the aux to work?

Many thanks in advance - Sophie

Does your car have a USB socket in the glovebox? If it does, then there is a bit more you need to do to get AUX working.... If you do, then read on!

If you have Blue&Me (box in the glovebox with USB socket and Windows sticker) for AUX to work with one of these cables, you need to keep a USB stick plugged into the socket in the glovebox.

The USB stick needs to have a mp3 file on it. But you can't use any mp3 like a song as it gets played at the same time as your phone's music. So the "solution" is the put a "silent mp3" on the USB stick. You can get one here.

Some other reading

Last edited:
Back