Technical blanked off EGR got engine light on

Currently reading:
Technical blanked off EGR got engine light on

I closed the EGR complete and also opened the DPF, it is fully empty, and at the dutch mot the values are in the middle and the torgue is fantastic. We have a very easy insurance, it goes by price of the car and only when you put an other motor in it it will change and the car must be cecked bij the mot.

Yes, but to do this and not get ECU error messages on the 16V 1.9 MJET 150 engine you have to the ECU reprogrammed to map these functions out. Doing this in the UK counts as a vehicle modification which the insurance companies either refuse to accept or accept but only if you pay more money.

If you do not notify your insurance company of modifications then legally you uninsured and not only face criminal charges but could also spend the rest of your life paying for any damages you caused to another party. e.g. partime/full time nursing for somebody you hit!

JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK!

Also for many years here in the UK insurance companies have inspected egine ECUs for reprogramming if they think the vehicle has be chipped/reprogrammed.

If so it is indeed not worth to do this. But as I said I am glad to live in Holland, not for the roadtax and penalties in traffic, I gess they are lower in your country.

Back