General Engine change

Currently reading:
General Engine change

Mammutti

Hello,
first thanks about all little help you all have posted here. I have read many good hints during years.
Now i have a bigger problem. We have a Croma 2007 comfort wagon 2.2 automatic petrol -powered. Driven approx. 190 000.
One day it just did not want to run on full cylinders and needed to be helped to garage.
Cylinders had low pressure in them (6-11-6-6). And now after bigger checking it seems one cylinder has holes on top and pressure escapes from there.
Pressure comes out from oil cap. Mechanic first asked from me if car hasn't been used for a while cause it had moist in engine (don't know why). We used car almost daily.
It seems if we want to keep this car it needs a new engine.
We spoke with mechanic that it's possible to use Vectra 2.2 engine in Croma. Those are little more available engines.
If you have ideas and instructions that might help with finding and changing engine all would be welcomed.
We live in Finland and Cromas here are rare..

Hope i remembered to put all info here and will answer questions..

How common are Vauxhall/GM garages in Finland? The Vectra has the same running gear (subframes, gearbox, driveshafts, suspension, etc as the Croma) so engine removal and replacement would be familiar to them. Also any good mechanic with garage facilities should be able to do then work.

HOWEVER - I would be researching all the Vectra Forums ( https://www.vectra-c.com/ ) to try and ascertain if people have put the Fiat 2.2 into a Vectra or a GM 2.2 into a Fiat and were there any issues, e.g. the Vectra uses a different throttle body. But that said in reality you will probably only be using the donor block and cylinder head and all the ancillaries will be from your Croma.

Back