General Black or yellow bump strips ?

Currently reading:
General Black or yellow bump strips ?

I'll be looking into colour coding when I get the body work sorted out. Mine is technically a base model, so needs the wing mirrors done too, though not sure if I'll need different covers for them for the paint to take properly :chin:

Personally though, I think they look good either way. Of course, if it's colour coded, there's no need for the Back to Black to be utilised :D

Leave them black. Polished with Armor All plastic care polisher, and looks great.
And since there are some "highly parking skilled" drivers around here, i've no other choise...

Leave them black. Polished with Armor All plastic care polisher, and looks great.
And since there are some "highly parking skilled" drivers around here, i've no other choise...
Your right on the nail there (y)

Only this week I noticed some urchin, who needs a driving lesson in how to park :mad:, had scored my front off-side quite noticeably. What I was quite pleased about was that Fiat had placed the bump strip in exactly to correct position to absorb the damage. Once home, quick clean and fresh application of 'bumper care' and the damage was barely noticeable (y)

Had the strip been colour coded (or missing completely) then the repair cost would easily have been £100 plus and this makes the 3rd reason for keeping it standard:

1. Looks better (with perhaps exception for dark colours)
  2. Avoids the CHEAP RESPRAY look :yuck: (sorry Abarth owners but at least you can argue yours are original)
  3. Much more efficient protection from parking damage (Abarth owners don't care - they must of loads of money to pay for running cost anyway :p)

Last edited:
a £100 is a bit steep, one bumpstrip would cost a lot less than that colourcoded and all, it would prob be that price direct from fiat.

i def am not a fan of the black, the front two look like bags under the headlights (which are eyes :p) and the rear one just is too much black for me. i kinda liked the side ones as they have some shape, design and thought put into them but on spraying everything else these had to be done. lol

muppet, ive the same spec as yours and i just did it with the original, bit of rubbing down paper, masking tape, primer paint and laquer, obviously you will need to remove them. i did it myself with the help of a wee qualified and i have to say a bit of a perfectionist, bodyshop mate of mine. he done a fantastic job

and having seen my car before it was done beside mine. wow, what a difference!!

yellow is one of the few colours that may suit it due to the long term contrast between the two colours even in nature, possibly red and white too. but mine, defnitly not, looked cheap and unfinished. it doesnt now :D

a £100 is a bit steep, one bumpstrip would cost a lot less than that colourcoded and all, it would prob be that price direct from fiat.

i def am not a fan of the black, the front two look like bags under the headlights (which are eyes :p) and the rear one just is too much black for me. i kinda liked the side ones as they have some shape, design and thought put into them but on spraying everything else these had to be done. lol

muppet, ive the same spec as yours and i just did it with the original, bit of rubbing down paper, masking tape, primer paint and laquer, obviously you will need to remove them. i did it myself with the help of a wee qualified and i have to say a bit of a perfectionist, bodyshop mate of mine. he done a fantastic job

and having seen my car before it was done beside mine. wow, what a difference!!

yellow is one of the few colours that may suit it due to the long term contrast between the two colours even in nature, possibly red and white too. but mine, defnitly not, looked cheap and unfinished. it doesnt now :D

Great to know (y) There's a cheap bodyshop near me that do a good job, so I'll pop down there and get that done when getting other stuff done to the body. Need the handles done as well of course, but can't see them being any more of a problem.

I'm tempted just to leave it as is in terms of body kit though, as in none. Maybe get a roof spoiler at the most, I want to keep it kind of subtle :)

Last edited:
no prob

yea i got the door handles done as well, theyre relativly easy to take out and exact same process for them

and weirdly enough i had the same plan, had my spoiler bought and painted ready to go on, then a fireplace fell on it :( seen it on and it looks reallly well

you can thank me later (y) lol

Back