Technical Bits Missing?

Currently reading:
Technical Bits Missing?

discus

On the inside of the tailgate on my sciecento there are two large holes on the inner skin either side of the lock. I have never seen inside another seicento and was wondering if these holes should have covers or grommets or something. the electronic parts manual is not very clear on this, could anyone have a look and let me know.

Maybe these are the wrong holes i am thinking of but they sound the ones that the clips which hold up the boot carpet connect to

No these are two large access holes either side of the lock on the inner skin of the tailgate (the boot door).

are you sure, when would you want to pull the tailgate shut from inside? and would a car manufacturer make two large holes with bare edges to be used as handles.

Mine has those holes, there's a sticker next to one of them & both have a plastic trim! If you give them a slightly sharp tug when the boot is fully up it'll swing down and latch every time.

Thanks for that, the trim must be missing from mine,I am still not sure about the handle thing.

Back