General Bike rack

Currently reading:
General Bike rack

LarryF

Hey guys,

Does anyone know a good bike rack for the panda?

I don’t have a tow bar however.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

The A frame type that straps to the rear door will do the job though it wont work with the roof spoiler.
But a tow bar is really the only option for anyone serious about bicycle carrying.

I am a keen cyclest

There never more than two of us in the car.

I just take the front wheel off and shove them in the back. its less bother than fixing the Rack then fixing the bikes to the rack

we also now have folding bikes along with MTB so much easier if you just want to poodle around from café to café as you can take them in with you

Not sure if I have had a rack on the Panda ? but you have to be careful not to obscure the number plate

Hi, here are my two trusty bike racks. I'd happily recommend the Graber, it seems to fit any car, is sturdy and stable, carries three bikes, not too much of a faff to fit.
panda bike rack 01.jpgpanda bike rack 02.jpgpanda bike rack 03.jpgpanda bike rack 04.jpg
The only issues are the top mounting point is resting on the glass (although there is steel frame underneath it) and the straps might damage the rear spoiler I've fitted.

The other is a Paddy Hopkirk tow-ball rack. I haven't had a car with a towbar for a few years, but I far prefer this system because it's so easy to put on and off and doesn't take up much room in the car when folded.

I never use a rack on my Panda, though. My bikes go in behind the front seats without removing a wheel (more here).

I have a 23.5"/60cm road bike with 700C wheels, and mountain bike with 26" wheels. My mountain bike is non-suspension which I'm sure makes it an easier fit.
panda bike 07.jpg
If I really had to carry bikes on a rack often, I would fit a towbar like this one.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ideally you'd be best going to a towbar or roof mounted setup, as a tailgate mounted rack isn't technically legal on the Panda (or most vehicles for that matter) as the tailgate isn't a rated load bearing part of the structure.

You'd probably be okay with a tailgate mounted rack however, there are plenty of options out there.

Back