General bigger engine with noz

Currently reading:
General bigger engine with noz

cinq noz

hi everyone:wave:

im a new to fiat forum.
just a quick question iv got the cinq with noz but want 2 put a bigger engine in her and run the noz but not to sure what will go in any ideas????

nice1 kirk (y)

and you can graft a Turbo onto them too although the 1.4's have yet to be turbod in cento's form but it is only a matter of time before some mad barstool does it
Would a forced induction 1368 actually be useful in a 'cento? I mean, that'll make an awful lot of torque and it seems to me even on an 1108cc you can unleash enough torque to leave the chassis in deep s**t.

thanks for all the info. But if i put a turbo on the 1.2 8v would it take the noz as well or could i get a multi layered gasket or a metal gasket instead of the standerd fibre gasket?????????

if so where 2 could i get 1

thanks again
kirk(y)(y)

and you can graft a Turbo onto them too although the 1.4's have yet to be turbod in cento's form but it is only a matter of time before some mad barstool does it

Is it really worth all the trouble turboing a 1.4 when there's already Tie and GT engines assembled? Is it only a weight issue?

Is it really worth all the trouble turboing a 1.4 when there's already Tie and GT engines assembled? Is it only a weight issue?

The old 1.4 is a heavy, outdated lump. Big problems are the weight, the need to fab new engine mounts, and it won't take a FIRE gearbox, so all that has to be fabbed up. Look at something like 1.5k in fabrication costs alone. The new 1.4 SuperFIRE will pretty much bolt right in, needing only manifolds, exhaust and a little trimming of the OS engine mount. In NA form, in a Sei, they go very well indeed. With forced induction you could be looking at 180+ bhp. Thank god for the LSD........... ;)

dont think you need that kinda power in a cento... even with our LSD. be just a novelty imho

Maybe. But, if you must have FWD, it should be possible to nick the front and rear suspension from a 500 SS (Mito, etc.) and graft it on (you can bet it won't be bolt for bolt), or pop unequal length wishbones on front and rear and stiffen the chassis up a bit -- you'll loose a lot of rear space that way, BWTH.

The novelty is/would be a car that can eat the class leading hot hatches anywhere, rather than one that can keep up with the previous generation in a straight line......... Well worth the effort, in my view.

The novelty is/would be a car that can eat the class leading hot hatches anywhere, rather than one that can keep up with the previous generation in a straight line......... Well worth the effort, in my view.

Agreed completely! If you got the pocket, why the hell not!?

The main problem with the 'cento chassis is its flexibility, you stiffen it up & from that point sort the damping & spring rates out you'll find that it's capable of an awful lot more than you can imagine. 'cage a cento, sort out the stock suspension, a bit more static neg camber up front, wide tyres & generate some down force. You will quickly get to the point where it's not so much car advantage than driver disadvantage, who dares wins, etc.

craigb244, what sort of power are you talking about? In my experience ultimate power isn't the issue, the problem with a 'cento it's the amount of torque. I've had torque output in excess of 170lbft a few times now & when in that area the car just doesn't handle properly, simply put 180bhp with 155lbft is a lot faster A to B than 160bhp with 175lbft.

It's not a weight issue, it's weight distribution issue, you'll make a very nose heavy car with the front wheels trying to do all the work. This in its self is a recipe for awful handling. Yes you can make the best of a bad job but intrinsically you're simply asking the front wheels to do to much of the work supporting the car if it's to nose heavy.

thanks for all the info. But if i put a turbo on the 1.2 8v would it take the noz as well or could i get a multi layered gasket or a metal gasket instead of the standerd fibre gasket?????????
Depends how strongly your engine is built, while you can treat nitrous oxide like cheap power you will end up killing your engine off if you go over the top. It's like trying to go high boost with a high CR, the engine won't take it & blow up. Just like using a low boost turbo setup you can use it with a standard engine & use a smaller 'hit' to give reliable power up to to a point. As with any tuning you will always reduce the engine life to some extent if you don't improve the engines resilience else where.

The other way to treat nitrous oxide is to make the engine more capable of handling the extra power, this leaves you going down a similar path to a very high boost turbo engine. It's not cheap but it'll deliver reliably a high output.

Back